38. Magic Door

Emerald, 16 April, 12:05 Am 

"Don't worry, Yeojin-ah. You're safe there. Nobody will find you. Just don't step out of the house or contact anyone, okay?"  

"Okay, Dad, I won't. You also take care," Yeojin replies before she ends the call.  

Taehyung grins wide at Jungkook as the younger looks up from the phone with a victorious smile. "Great job, Jungkookie! You sounded exactly like Jung Seojoon. She really believed it was her Dad!"  

"Yeah," Jungkook grins. "Now hyung, you go back to your duty." 

"I only need to go if I get a call from the casualty or ward," Taehyung says and sits down on the edge of the bed, beside Jungkook. Dr Cory, the other residency Orthopedist was on night duty today. But since they are staying in the hospital tonight, Taehyung called Cory and told him he'd handle his shift in exchange for a night shift another day. 

 "C'mon, let's cuddle for some time," Taehyung says and gently pushes the younger back to the bed before lying down on his side and hugging him tightly.  

"Don't hug me so tightly. You're suffocating me hyung!" Jungkook says.  

"If I don't hug you this tightly, I'll fall off, bunny," Taehyung says and presses a kiss on the wizard's cheek. Suddenly he feels the bed become wider. 

"Now, move, hyung," Jungkook says. 

 Taehyung lets out a sigh and lies on his back. He tilts his head and sees there's space for one more person beside him. "Did you really have to make the bed this big, Kookie?" 

"Yeah," Jungkook giggles and turns on his side, throwing his arms and legs over the older's body before squirming his head into the crook of his neck.  

"I see, so, you don't want to be hugged but you want to hug me?" Taehyung asks with a chuckle.  

"Hmm...." Jungkook nods whilst closing his eyes, lightly tickling Taehyung's neck and chin with his soft hair.  

Taehyung smiles and tilts his face, staring at the wizard's pretty face. "Baby, you know, you are so cute," he whispers. Instantly the lights inside the cabin go out. "Ah..why did you turn out the lights?" Taehyung groans.  

"I can't sleep with the lights on," Jungkook mumbles.  

"Lier," Taehyung chuckles. "You might be blushing now and you don't want me to see it. Isn't that the reason, bunny?"  

"No!" Jungkook says quickly. Taehyung grins and kisses the wizard's cute bubble button nose that he can still see from the lights coming from outside. "Let me sleep, hyungie," Jungkook whines.  

"Okay, my baby sleep. Just one more kiss," Taehyung says and quickly kisses the younger's forehead. "Hyung loves you so much," he whispers before starting to gently pat his little boyfriend's arm.  

"Jungkookie loves you too," Jungkook mumbles softly after a moment, making Taehyung's heart skip a beat and his lips bunch into a wide smile.  

Sometime later, Taehyung's phone rings on his desk. Jungkook instantly takes his arms and legs from his body and the lights turn on. Taehyung quickly sits up to receive his phone in his hands. It's a call from the casualty. "Jungkookie, I need to go," he tells Jungkook. 

"Okay, hyung," Jungkook nods. 

"I'll come back quickly, okay?" Taehyung says after he hurriedly climbs out of the big bed. Jungkook nods sleepily and he walks out of the room with a smile.  

Jungkook lies back on the bed, turning out the lights. He feels so cold that he summons his wand and then gets the blanket from their bedroom. He pulls it over himself and closes his eyes. The blanket isn't as warm as Tae hyung's body but at least it has his scent. Jungkook inhales the scent deep into his nostrils and tries to sleep. But he can't sleep even after a long time. Why isn't hyung coming back?