5. Bed with wheels

March 21, 8:10 Am

"Stop!" Taehyung whispers, his face shivering in anger and his fisted hands trembling violently. "Enough, I don't want to hear anything more. I'm leaving."

"Wait! Listen, honey, I was drunk. I don't know why I did that. Babe, I don't even remember anything. Please, just forgive me this once. It'll never happen again. Please, I love you so much," she pleads, her eyes filled with regret and shame.

"You love me? Do you really? Then why? Why did you kiss him?" Taehyung asks, his voice barely audible, breaking with emotion.

Freya's voice trembles as she tries to explain herself, her words coming out in a rush. "Believe me, babe, I know I made a terrible mistake but I didn't mean to do it. I love you so much, Tae."

"Freya, I feel like you are making a fool out of me. I had my suspicions before. But I trusted you'd never cheat on me. Now, I can't trust you anymore," Taehyung says shaking his head

"What?! What are you talking about, babe? I'd never intentionally cheat on you. This was a mistake. Believe me."

"Charlie saw you with a guy at a cafe last day. But when I asked you about it, you said you were at home all day. Was that the same guy you kissed yesterday?" Taehyung feels his heart shatter into pieces as he utters the words.

"Oh! No..no babe, it wasn't. It...it was Allen, my cousin. He was in town to visit a friend who is dating his ex, and he asked me to pretend to be his girlfriend. That's why I didn't tell you. The guy from the club yesterday was someone else. I don't even know his name or remember his face. I was drunk and out of my mind. Maybe I thought he was you."

Taehyung closes his eyes, trying to process her words. He takes a deep breath and opens his eyes, looking into her teary blue eyes. "Freya, are you being honest? Do you actually love me?"

"Yes, Taehyung. I love you so much. Trust me! I'm not cheating on you. I'll never!" Tears slither down her cheeks and Taehyung keeps staring at her, not knowing what to believe.

"I don't know if I can ever fully trust you again," he finally says.

Freya suddenly hugs him tightly and starts sobbing hard. "I'm so sorry, Tae. Just give me a chance. I'll make it up to you, I swear."

"Okay, I'll try to forget it," Taehyung says after a moment. He gently removes her arms from around him and steps back. "I have to go now. I'm late."

"Wait, babe, I'll make you breakfast," Freya offers hastily, wiping her face.

"No, I'll grab something on the way. See you later."

"Oh..okay, have a good day," Freya says, leaning in to kiss him. As her lips touch him, images of her hungrily kissing the man at the club flood his mind and he feels repulsed. But he remains silent. After she pulls away, he grabs his coat and exits the apartment.

Tears make his vision blurry as he drives the car in the direction of the hospital. He furiously blinks them away. He doesn't know if Freya was completely lying but he knows she was lying when she said she was drunk and out of her mind. She was conscious enough to text him clearly she was staying over at Chloe's. He got her text almost ten minutes after he saw the photos and videos. So, it was probably not a mistake. She knew she was kissing a stranger. But he didn't ask her about that. In truth, he can't imagine breaking up with her. She is the only woman he has ever loved. He didn't think she'd do this to him.

It's past 8:30 when he reaches the hospital. He quickly goes to his cabin as patients were already waiting to consult him. At 11, he takes a break and goes to the canteen. On seeing Charlie and Ben sitting at a table, he almost turns around, deciding to go back. But they already notice him and wave at him. So, he gets a coffee and joins their table.