31. By your side

Emerald 
13 April, 8:30 Am 

"Jungkook!" Taehyung utters in surprise upon opening his cabin door and seeing Jungkook sitting on his swivel chair. He quickly walks in, locking the door. 

"I was waiting for you," Jungkook says.  

Taehyung hurries to the younger and grabs the swivel, dragging it out from behind the desk. He pushes the chair towards the wall and cages the wizard in between the wall and his arms as if he won't disappear this way. He stares at the boy's eyes and Jungkook stares back at him. 

"Jungkookie, I missed you so much. You didn't come to see me for five days." 

"I'm going to leave in four days, hyung. You'll never see me again after that," Jungkook says. 

"You aren't leaving!" Taehyung says. "I know you won't leave." 

Jungkook frowns at the older. "I will." 

"Why?" Taehyung asks. "You like to stay here. Then why do you have to leave?" 

"Like you said, this world is not suitable for me. I should.." 

"I didn't mean it," Taehyung cuts the younger off.  

"Hyung, let's not talk about it now. I came to tell you something important," Jungkook says.  

"What?" Taehyung frowns. 

"I'm doing it today," Jungkook says. "I'm erasing Park Sanghyuk and a few other people's memories today. I also need to destroy the CCTV camera footage at the house where I lived. And I have to.." 

"Wait! How are you doing it alone?" Taehyung asks. 

"I'm not alone. I've people with me. One of Sanghyuk's guards and him," Jungkook says and looks at the chairs opposite the desk.  

"Who?" Taehyung tilts his face in confusion. Jungkook mutters a spell and a man appears on one of the chairs. He quickly realises it is the hacker, Dongjin from the game arcade, the one whose memory Jungkook erased. He has a laptop bag on his lap and he is staring blankly at the wall opposite him. 

"I just kept him invisible so that you don't get shocked. I revived his memory about hacking and he is currently under my control," Jungkook says. "I'll erase his memory again after he hacks and destroys every evidence." 

"Oh!" Taehyung utters in surprise. "Tell me about your plan in detail." 

"I don't have much time, hyung. I need to leave soon. Today is Park Sanghyuk's daughter Jihyu's birthday. The party will start at 7 pm at a resort in Seoul. I'm going by flight from Busan airport. The flight is at 5:30 pm and it's already past 4:30 pm in Korea now." 

"So, you got your ID card?" Taehyung asks.  

"Yeah, Sanghyuk got me everything including ID, birth certificate and passport," Jungkook says hurriedly. "So, there are six enchanted rings in total. Two of them are with Sanghyuk's guards. Three other rings are with Sanghyuk, his son and his daughter. The sixth ring is hidden in a locker in Sanghyuk's house in Busan. My plan is to first go to Seoul and get all the five rings and erase everyone's memories about me and you. Then I'll go to Busan and steal the sixth ring. The enchanted rings might slowly bring back memories. So, I'm either destroying all those rings or hiding them somewhere." 

"Wait! But the rings can only be taken off by the people wearing them, right? How are you going to convince all those people to remove the rings?" Taehyung asks. 

"It's easy to convince Jihyu, Sanghyuk's daughter. If I'm lucky I might be able to convince Sanghyuk too. I already convinced him once to take off the ring and used the truth spell on him to make him tell me where the last ring was hidden. I think he trusts me now," Jungkook says.