25. Offer

Busan, March 28, 12:00 pm

As the car pulls up to Mr. Park Sanghyuk's grand estate, Jungkook and Taehyung exchange a glance with each other. "It'll be alright. Just do as we planned," Taehyung mutters quietly and the younger nods.

The imposing gates swing open, revealing a sprawling mansion surrounded by lush gardens. The car comes to a stop in front of the entrance, and the five men escort Jungkook and Taehyung inside.

They are led through hallways adorned with ancient artefacts and paintings, making Jungkook frown. A particular portrait of a wizard holding a wand and doing some powerful magic makes Taehyung really curious.

Finally, they reach a large hall where Mr. Park Sanghyuk is waiting for them, seated on a throne-like chair, wearing a crisp black suit and sipping on a glass of red wine. He is a middle-aged man, probably in his late fifties with a cold, calculating gaze, his whole aura shouting out power.

"Welcome Jeon Jungkook. I have been waiting for you for a long time," Park Sanghyuk says with a smirk, placing the wine glass down on the coffee table in front of him. A black leather suitcase is also lying on it.

Jungkook narrows his eyes, sensing the dark energy emanating from the man. "What do you want from us?" He asks.

"I'll tell you. Be patient," Mr. Park chuckles and dismisses all the guards from the room.

"Now, it's gonna be easy," Taehyung mumbles to Jungkook whilst suppressing a smirk.

"No, our plan won't work. He is protected from magic," Jungkook whispers back. A tremor runs down Taehyung's body and he looks at the younger in shock.

"C'mon, Wizard, take a seat," Park Sanghyuk says after all the guards walk out and the large door closes behind them. "You too Dr Kim Taehyung. Let's sit and talk," he says and points at the big couch beside him.

Sanghyuk grins at Jungkook as they sit down on the couch. "What do you want?" Taehyung asks with a frown, trying to sound bold.

"Relax doctor," Park Sanghyuk chuckles. "I just want to talk to the wizard. Don't worry. I was only joking earlier. My men weren't watching your father or brother. I just wanted to make you bring my ancestor to me."

"I'm your ancestor?" Jungkook frowns.

"Yeah," Sanghyuk smiles and stretches his palm over the wine glass on the table, muttering a spell. The glass trembles before raising a few centimetres from the table. It floats just two seconds in the air and then falls back onto the glass table with a click, spilling the wine all over. "I guess I cannot be called a wizard with only this much magic," Sanghyuk says.

"No," Jungkook shakes his head, noticing the brass ring on Sanghyuk's middle finger. "And I don't think you'll be able to learn magic with my help. You barely possess magic."

"I know that," Sanghyuk nods with a grin. "I don't want you to teach me magic. I just wanted to see my great-grandfather and treat him well."

"Wait! How do you know that he is your ancestor? How do you actually know about him?" Taehyung asks.

"We have our secret wizard family tree," Park Sanghyuk grins at Taehyung and leans forward, opening the black suitcase, revealing a large ancient book and a few other comparatively smaller books, which look much more recent. Sanghyuk takes out a medium-sized book and opens it to the middle. "This book contains the names and history of all the wizards in our family from 1200," he says whilst turning the pages. "Your name is here, Jeon Jungkook." He turns the book to Jungkook and the latter studies his name written on the top of the page with a frown.

"It says you embarked on a time travel adventure to 2024 and never returned," Park Sanghyuk says and places the book on his lap. "People thought you died during the adventure. But I was really hoping to meet you. I have been waiting since the time I first read about you when I was a child."