28. Can I date him?

30 March, 9 Am 

"So, you can do two-digit multiplication in mind. Can you also multiply three-digit numbers? Like 562x428?" Mr Kim Namjoon asks and types the numbers on his phone's calculator.  

"240536," Jungkook mumbles whilst studying his private tutor's face. He is a high school teacher who recently got fired. But he seems to be nice. He is also handsome. All Kim guys are actually sweet. But Doctor Kim was too sweet and he misses him already. He feels like seeing Tae hyung now. He wants to know how was Tae hyung's reaction to his goodbye letter. 

"It's correct! How did you do that so quickly?" Namjoon asks in surprise. 

"It's easy," Jungkook mumbles.  

"Can you also do division in mind? What is 4368 divided by 28?"  

Jungkook thinks for a moment. "156," then he replies. 

"Wow! You are too good at maths!" Namjoon squeals. "Your father said you were in a coma for the last ten years and you woke up only a few months back. How can you do problems so quickly in mind?" 

"I'm now completely fine," Jungkook replies.  

"Okay," Namjoon smiles. "I don't think I need to teach you maths. Let's learn some science then," he says and grabs a book from the pile of books on the desk. The cover says it is a fourth-grade science book. "You went to school until third grade, right? Do you know how many planets are there?" Namjoon asks. 

"Six," Jungkook replies. 

"No," Namjoon grins. "You might have forgotten. There are eight planets in our solar system." 

"Eight??" Jungkook frowns. "Planets means Earth, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, right? Are sun and Moon also considered planets nowadays?" 

"No," Namjoon says. "Sun and Moon aren't planets. The remaining two planets are Uranus and Neptune. But you do have a sharp memory. You still remember many things you learned ten years ago." 

'So, they discovered two other planets??' Jungkook thinks in mind.  

"Sun is a star. All the eight planets revolve around the Sun," Namjoon says. 

"What?" Jungkook frowns. "Sun and all the planets orbit around the Earth," he argues.  

"No," Namjoon shakes his head and turns the book to him, pointing at a picture. "Look at this," he says. Jungkook's frown deepens. The sun was in the center of the picture and other celestial bodies were orbiting around the sun. Is it really like this? Is the sun the center and not Earth? 

"Can I read it?" Jungkook asks.  

"Sure," Namjoon nods. "Or do you want me to first explain you everything simply?" 

"Yeah, okay," Jungkook says. And his private tutor starts explaining to him about the solar system. He listens with a frown as Namjoon tells him surprising things that he never knew about the universe. Even though a lot of things Namjoon says are totally different from what he learned in the past, he doesn't try to argue again. Maybe this is right. After all, future people are more advanced than his people.  

"Now you got a basic idea of the solar system?" Namjoon asks with a smile after his long lecture.  

"Yeah," Jungkook nods. "What is the next chapter?" 

"It's about plants and animals. It's easy. Do you want to read it or shall we learn some history now?" Namjoon asks. 

"Okay, let's learn history," Jungkook says. Namjoon smiles and grabs a fourth-grade history textbook, opening it to the first chapter.