32. Wizard Grandchild

Busan, 13 April, 5:40 pm. 

"This is nice," Jungkook says, staring out of the flight's window. "I never thought humans could ever fly like this." 

"It's amazing, right?" Taehyung asks, smiling. "If you stay here, we can fly like this every time I get a leave." 

Jungkook tilts his face and stares at the older's face for a second. "No, thanks." 

"Jungkookie..." Taehyung whines, leaning sideways and grabbing the wizard's hand. 

"Keep quiet, hyung! Remember, you're invisible to others." Jungkook whispers. "People will think I'm crazy, seeing me talking to myself." 

"Do you care?" Taehyung asks, fondling the younger's hand. Jungkook quickly yanks his hand away and tilts his face back to the window, feeling his heart pounding fast. Tae hyung is behaving strangely and it is making him so nervous. He bites down on his lips, staring at the clouds.  

"Jungkook-ah, I missed you so much," Taehyung whispers. 

 Jungkook doesn't tilt his face. "How is Freya doing?" He asks.  

Taehyung leaves a sigh. "She is fine." 

Taehyung doesn't say anything after that. Jungkook also keeps staring out of the window. Once the flight lands, Taehyung walks out first while Jungkook makes himself invisible and goes to the economy seats to grab Shinyu who was sleeping there. He brings him back to their seats in the business class before removing the invisibility charm and waking him up.  

"Hey, let's go. The flight landed," Jungkook says as Shinyu rubs his forehead in confusion.  

"The flight landed already?" Shinyu asks in surprise.  

"Yeah, look, everyone's climbing out." 

"Oh! How did I fall asleep?" Shinyu mumbles, getting up from his seat and patting his head. Jungkook gets up, grabbing the invisible gun lying on tray table before following Shinyu to the exit door. Taehyung is waiting for him on the ground with a smile as he climbs down the steps. He can't understand why Tae hyung is suddenly smiling so much at him. Is he trying to convince him to stay with him with his smile? But why? 

Taehyung grabs Jungkook's hand as soon as he steps down the last step. Jungkook tries to protest quietly by squirming his hand. But Taehyung has an iron grip on his wrist and Jungkook doesn't feel like using magic to free his hand.  

They check out from the airport quickly and hop into the car Sanghuk had sent for them, both of them in the back seat and Shinyu in the passenger seat. It only takes fifteen minutes to reach the Park Family's resort where the party is happening.  

Guests had started arriving and Park Sanghyuk and his wife were receiving them at the entrance. Sanghyuk smiles widely on seeing Jungkook. His wife doesn't look that impressed. She didn't like Sanghyuk adopting him. Sanghyuk had taken him to his home after Jihyu was discharged from hospital. That day also, Mrs Park didn't look very happy. She still probably doesn't know he is a wizard and he saved her daughter's life. 

As he reaches Sanghyuk, Jungkook's eyebrows furrow slightly on seeing the man is not wearing the enchanted ring on his finger. But he can feel its presence on him. Seems like he has it in his pocket. Why?? 

Maybe because he doesn't want his guests to see him wearing an old brass ring? 

Or does Sanghyuk have any suspicions about him?  

Sanghyuk welcomes him warmly and asks one of his men in a blue suit to lead him to the floor where the party is happening.  

"Any change in our plan?" Shinyu whispers to Jungkook on the elevator. "I didn't see the ring on his finger."