Insomnia = Fertility Problems??? Ouch!!

Salim's POV

After returning to hostel on Thursday, I saw that John had kept some food for me and I was hungry. I hogged all the food. Now John asked me, "How was your double date?"

I threw a pillow at him, but still ended up telling him everything.

He now had an amused look on his face. "Wow Hero. You are going to protect her. But how will she reach you in emergency? Don't tell me through email, because it is a bad idea."

"John, you are right. But, how will I just give her my number? It will be odd."

"I have an idea. I will open a WhatsApp group with you, Kayal, Sara and may be Jaanu as well."

I was excited, "Great idea John. But wait, when did you get her number?"

"Jealous? Well, she got my number when you were taken by ambulance. In the night she texted me asking about your well being."

I was so happy now. Did she care that much about me? "Give me your mobile now".

"Oh you want to check the messages."

"John, give it now."

"Wait Romeo. Wait."

I didn't like to be called Romeo but I chose not to argue with John at that time. He gave me his mobile after opening the conversations he had with Kayal. I think I read it like five times. Kayal's tone in the messages was concerned and friendly. I was a little disappointed that it didn't show her love or any sort of liking towards me. Just then Harneet entered the room asking what we were doing.

John said, "We are planning to open a Whatsapp group with Kayal, Sara and Jaanu to share our doubts. Are you in?"

Harneet replied, "Definitely yes."

Now John snatched the mobile from me, "I will first ask Kayal, whether it is okay with her". I was a little anxious now. What if she doesn't feel comfortable with this arrangement? But all my doubts disappeared when I saw a Whatsapp invite in my mobile. Sometimes our status messages, reveal our mindset. Kayal's status message was "Live and let live." I admired that.

Mine was, "Alhamdulillah"

John: "Eat, Pray, Love".

Harneet: "Live life King Size".

Sara: "Men – XY, Women – XX That's it. That's it."

Jaanu: "Education brings liberty."

None of the girls had posted their photos as contact picture. I was happy about it. The first message was from Sara asking us to follow a set of rules. Harneet was the first one to speak, "Man, if they have so many rules for friendship think about the rules they will put for marriage. May God save their husbands. John, are you sure that you want to marry Sara?"

John was happy now, "Of course yes. In fact I am excited. She has good morals man. She is not like let's have fun as soon as I get a guy's chat invite type. I appreciate her standards."

To my disappointment, Kayal didn't even text once. In a way I was happy because it shows that she is not interested in chatting just random things with men. John was trying to flirt. But Sara stopped it with a smiley sign. John was curious now, "How do we reply to a smiley man?"

To this I told him, "John stop texting. It means she wants to stop chatting. Don't frighten her with your advances on the very first day."

With that all of us settled to do our presentations. After that I did my prayers to Allah(SWT) to help me not to have any feelings for Kayal, At the same time just like how I have been doing for the past few days I also a made a supplication for her safety and well being. She has saved my life. I can't say thank you to her. The only thing I can do is to make supplications for her. She is the first girl, no a woman for whom I am making a supplication other than my family, friends and Ummah. I slept a little early because I was extremely tired.