First Meeting

Readers please vote, comment and share

Kayal's POV

I don't know when sun had set in and when it turned to this dark night. My parents let me be in my dream mode and I was swinging in my swing in my room's sit out area. The fact that Salim proposed marriage to me took some time to sink in. He is the one whom I thought, I could only dream about. I always used to think that his woman is a lucky woman. Not even in my wildest dream did I think of myself as that lucky woman. Thousands of Thanks to God. It felt good to be so loved. I feel really special that he took the effort to convince his family for me. Coming to think about him, he is one person with whom I was really comfortable sharing my happiness as well as pain. He had been a great support to me. There have been times when I have wondered about his odd behavior like the time when he yelled at me when I said that I could have died instead of Jaanu because I don't mean much to anybody. I brushed them under the carpet due to my circumstances. Now that I understand his love for me, I really want to live a life worthy of his love. God please bless me. There are also few problems in marrying him. I have already faced the wrath of few people for being his friend. If we marry, I may end up earning a lot of enemies from his side. But the magic of love is it gives us a lot of strength. With him by my side, I can fight world war as well. I once told him that his future wife will love him more because he was enduring so much of pain on behalf of her. To think that, I am his future wife now makes me feel so overwhelmed that I really want to give him a tight hug and say 'Thank you' to him. Thinking about hug reminds me of that day when he uttered sweet promises in my ear. I thought he hugged me out of pity, but now to think that he meant each and every word makes me feel really blessed. 

I was in my own world that it took me a long time to realize that my Amma was yelling my name. She came and stood by the door and said, "Kayal, have your dinner and then dream. Nobody is stopping you."

I gave a stupid grin and had my dinner for namesake thinking what he might be doing now.

I asked Amma, "Since when did you know about his feelings Ma?"

"You remember his sister's wedding?"

"Yes. But you hardly spoke to him then."
"He was the driver of the car in which we returned."

"Oh my God. I think I said few inappropriate things on that day."

"Yeah, but he didn't mind. He was happy to know that you liked him. But, he wanted to move forward with his parent's consent. I too didn't want both of you to get hurt."

"So you schemed with him. Even before our marriage both you and Appa took his side."

Appa joined in, "We couldn't help it. You know something? The other day when we met in Delhi, I told him that that you are my princess and he should take proper care of you. He replied that you would be his queen."

"Haaaa, he is a romantic guy Pa. No doubt about that."

Appa said, "Very true."

I asked, "Appa, Amma, we are considering about an engagement within two weeks and then marriage within three months. Do you think we can manage the arrangements?"

Appa said, "Actually their parents wanted marriage right after you finished college."

"I thought you might miss me a lot, so I asked for some more time. Salim was fine with it."

"We also felt the same. We can have the engagement in our home. They are planning to have Nikkah in their home and on the same evening we will have our wedding reception and next day morning we can have our wedding. We can book a wedding hall for the wedding of our custom."