Romance in the sky

Kayal's POV

My visit to Azgharin Aunty's place gave me a throbbing headache. Aunty was really sweet. But her daughter was a different story. It seems Farzana had a crush on Salim and she wants to marry him. It seems their family is going to propose marriage as soon as Salim completes his education. She said, "I understand that you have to work with Ali for projects etc, but you shouldn't continue talking to him after marriage. I will not agree to it."

It seems she was one year younger to us. But the way she talked to me was pretty authoritative. She took my head nod as an encouragement and started talking about how I should maintain my distance from Salim, "Whenever, you have to speak with him, you should lower your gaze. You should always have a chaperone when you have to speak with him." I was thinking of giving her a good piece of mind but for a second I had a doubt, what if she is Salim's secret love. When she went outside for a while, I took my mobile and messaged Salim.

"Salim, is Farzana the girl whom you have fallen for?"

"NO. Who is Farzana?I thought you were in Azgharin Aunty's place."

"I am stuck in Azgharin Aunty's place. Farzana is Azgharin Aunty's daughter."

"FYKI Aunty's daughters are married".

"Are you really this innocent Salim? Aunty has three daughters. Farzana is the third daughter. It seems she has a crush on you. Her parents are thinking of proposing marriage after you complete your studies. She is giving me a lecture about how I should lower my gaze etc. If you are not interested in her, can I give her a good piece of my mind?"

"Sure. But remember she is your Amma's friend's daughter. You would have to face wrath from your mother if you attack her in your gangster form. Be subtle but let her know that she can't speak like that with you."

"You have a point. My Amma will be pissed off if she knows that I have yelled at her friend's daughter. I will better escape."

"Where???"

"To watch a movie. I also need some distraction and space. I will tell Aunty that I am leaving to meet my friend. I will try to be as subtle as possible. Bye. Meet you at airport."

"Okay, go to Maris Theatre and buy Premium Ticket. Since it is a weekday, it will not be crowded. Be careful. Do call me, if you have any trouble. Bye."

"Sure. Bye Salim."

Farzana returned now. I was very much tempted to tell her that Salim is a gay and watch her reaction. But, then here in Trichy rumors may spread fast and it may affect his future. So, I politely told her, "Farzana, do not start building without a strong foundation. You can start giving warnings to other women after you get married. Now I am leaving. Bye." Before she could reply I left the place with a hurried bye to Aunty.

I then went to Maris Theatre to watch 'Eeti' a Tamil movie. It was a nice movie with a different concept. Adharvaa was amazing. I couldn't help wondering about the change in Salim. Four months back he would have told me that, it is not safe to go alone to a Theatre. Even the other day when he asked me to be careful and come back safely from the meeting, I was a little overwhelmed by his change in attitude. It was really awesome to see this change in Salim.

After that I left for Trichy Airport. Shenbaa Anna was waiting for me with his mother. After exchanging formalities, we went inside. Normally people who aren't passengers aren't allowed beyond the outside waiting area. But Anna just had to show his id card to have an entry. We had lunch inside the airport.