Epilogue

Hai, I am uploading three parts today. This is the first part,second part is glossary and reference, third part is Author's note (I have revealed a secret). Please read all of them...

Ten years later

Salim's POV

I went to the kitchen to find my Azhagi. Kothai was feeding something to Umar behind my Azhagi's back. I cleared my throat and said, "Umar, you haven't fed me half a kg of sugar yet."

Kothai asked me, "For what Maama?"

I sat on the counter top next to where my Azhagi was standing and garnishing a sweet. "Once he told me that if at all if he is blessed with a wife who could pamper him just the way Kayal pampers me, he said he will put half a kg of sugar in my mouth. You are pampering him in an extra ordinary fashion. Still he hasn't fed me sugar."

Umar immediately opened the cupboard took the sugar container and came in front of me. "Anna, open your mouth." He was about to empty the whole container in my mouth.

"No way, I can't eat so much sugar."

"Anna, please open."

"Umar, no. I will just have one spoon."

"No Anna. I promised that I will put half a kg of sugar. Open your mouth."

"Umar, get lost. Go and feed your wife."

"Anna..."

My Azhagi said, "Do we have to remind you guys that you are not kids anymore, but both of you are father of kids?"

Kothai said, "Akka, our kids are far better than both of them."

Both I and Mustafa shrieked, "Excuse me."

I continued, "How dare you guys insult both of us? We are hurt. We are leaving now."

My Azhagi said, "Okay, please keep this in the terrace. Everybody must be waiting."

"I said, we are hurt."

"No issues Salim. You can keep this in the terrace and continue to stay hurt. We have no problem with that."

Before I could say something, Kothai came to Umar and gave him a casserole saying, "You too Umar. You can keep this in the terrace and then stay hurt for as long as you want."

Umar said, "Anna, a word of advice. Both of them are in a great form today. Let's not be their victims. How much ever hurt or angry we are we shouldn't show it on food. Let's finish our Iftaar first and then take care of them separately. Or else we can ask our army to attack them."

I laughed and said, "Good idea."

With that both of us left for terrace. We could hear the sound of giggles from the kitchen. Eight years back when he married Kothai, I never thought that she would gel so nicely with our family. Initially she used to be very quiet. But now she is as talkative as my Azhagi or Akka. She is still a devoted Hindu and a vegetarian. Once in a while her father and brother visit us. Umar makes it a point to have cordial relationship with them. Umar and Kothai quit their job and are working in designing their own products.

We had our Iftaar in the terrace. One portion of the terrace was covered with my Azhagi's plants. Children started playing with each other. Our son Irainesan who is twelve now has my curly hair, eyes and looks exactly like how I was in his age. Our daughter who is ten now is different. She is very beautiful but she doesn't resemble any of us because she is our adopted daughter. After going through one C section with my Azhagi and the nightmares of breast feeding, I didn't want another child. Managing Irainesan when he was a toddler was also a little difficult. But my Azhagi constantly insisted on having a second child. So I gave her the option of adopting a child for which she happily agreed. When there are thousands of homeless children in our nation, I felt that it would be better if we could provide home for at least one child.