Live, Fight and Love

Kayal's POV

Last year cooking Sehri (Suhoor/Pre Dawn Breakfast) for Salim was comparatively easy because Salim never complained. I only made food which I wanted to make. But now taste and preferences of five people have to be considered before cooking. Athai and I had a tough time in planning for Sehri. In the evening, to start a little early from Office was also a big headache.

On top of it, I am walking around Salim on eggshells. Literally. I didn't want to do anything wrong and spoil his Ramalaan. In the morning, I feel bad whenever he has to get up half an hour early for Ghusl, Sleep is precious. To lose sleep to take bath is a torture to me and I felt guilty. That is why in the morning after Fajr when he returned home, I insisted that I have to work on my new book and worked with my laptop for some time but within few minutes I ended up sleeping on the table. Now he has gone for Isha Prayers to mosque along with Maama and Thambi. I started doing some basic research for my book. I thought of sleeping alone because I don't want him to spend his energy on sex or spend his precious sleeping time in Ghusl.

As soon as he entered the room, I could sense that he glared at me. He came near me and said, "I am happy that you are working on a new book. But, I want to talk with you now. Come with me."

Before I could respond, he closed all the browser windows and had shut down my laptop. I was wondering whether there are some more extra rules for Ramalaan which he wants to remind me. Oh my God, one day and I am already burning. When I sat next to him, he came to the point directly, "You didn't touch me since morning."

"Ummmm... I think.."

He sighed and said, "We are married for one plus month. We are living together for the past two weeks. I am not some Alpha Male to get sexually excited by every single touch or a kiss. I am a normal man with normal sexual needs. But that doesn't mean that you don't excite me sexually. You do. But I know that there is a time, place and mood for everything. My relationship with you is not only a sexual relationship, you are much much more than that to me. Now if you touch me or hug me or even kiss me I feel loved and happy that you are comfortable enough with me. I keep yearning for your loving gestures like the way you hold my hand, the way you surprise me with a hug, or kiss my cheek or play with my hair and simply anything and everything. Now that it is Ramalaan doesn't mean that I am an Untouchable. You don't have to worry about igniting my sexual feelings and stop yourself from touching me. Am I clear?"

I remember what he told me long back that there is nothing, literally nothing which I can hide from him. So true. I nodded my head and said, "This is our first Ramalaan together. I was afraid whether I may end up ruining it. I was also worried about you waking up half an hour early for the sake of Ghusl. You could have used that time to sleep."

He slightly knocked my head, "I knew your overactive brain would work just like this. Thanks to your lecture on taking bath in Chennai and saving water, now I am trying to take bath within ten minutes. At least my Ghusl. So you please don't worry about me not having enough sleep. Then, you don't have to handle me with kid gloves just because it is Ramalaan. Just be yourself Azhagi (Beautiful woman)."

I then comfortably snuggled in his chest. "Thank you so much."

He kissed me on top of my head and said, "Do you know how much I missed you since this morning? Don't ever do such stupid stuff again."

I hugged him a little more tightly and nodded my head. Within no time I was in la la land.

&&&&&&&&&&&

After that night everything went quite nicely in the month of Ramalaan. Once my parents visited us for Iftaar. Everybody kept it as a surprise for me. Reshma and her husband were also invited once. We spend the weekend in Trichy with Salim's extended family. This is the second weekend we are in Trichy. I didn't get my leave. So my senior asked me to write an article about Islam in Trichy, Sehri, Iftaar etc for our supplementary edition. Normally, I am not supposed to contribute for supplementary edition, but my case is an exception. Since I am married in a Muslim household she thought that I can give an insider's view. I was almost done. Normally the writing style for supplementary should be a little casual, fun filled as if you are talking to a friend about it. It took me a good effort to change my style. All the men had gone to mosque for their afternoon prayer and women were praying in the room. I was working with my laptop in the hall when Zeenath barged in. That girl, who had a crush on Salim. Long back when I attended Fathima Anni's Nikkah she and her Mother made me assume that she was engaged to Salim. During our Kerala trip with friends I remember how Salim got furious because he felt that I should have asked him before coming to such stupid assumptions. In addition to that her brother also threatened me once when I got to meet him in Cuddalore camp.