Hey!!! I have xx and I am proud about it

Kayal's POV

In the evening, I was fixing a tube light in an empty class room, when Salim came inside the room. He said, "Kayal, get down. I will fix it."

"It's okay Salim. I am almost done. Thank you."

"I said, get down. I will fix it."

"Any particular reason, other than the fact that you have a 'Y' chromosome and some incredible male ego?"

"What????"

"Salim, deal with it. Not having a 'Y' Chromosome is not a disability. I have two hands, two legs and some basic knowledge about electricity to fix this tube light. I don't need a 'Y' chromosome for this task."

"Kayal, my intention was to help and not to boast about my 'Y'chromosome."

"Good, in that case, pick up another tube light from the corner of the room and fix it above the Teacher's Table."

He went with a sigh. My job was done. I said without turning back, "Umar Thambi can you please switch on the third switch?"

Yes, it worked. I had fixed the light properly. Mustafa asked me, "How did you know that Umar was here, without turning back?"

"I was alone in this room. Salim must have never entered the room without a chaperone." By that time, Maaran a village kid came running to me.

Maaran asked me, "Akka, these Anna's(Elder Brother) pray five times daily. In that case they should know everything about God. Can I ask them a question which Sagayam asked me?"

Maaran is a mischievous guy. Before I could stop him, Mustafa said, "Please ask. I will try to solve your doubt."

Maaran asked, "How does God give babies?"

Mustafa was having a shocked expression in his face. Salim, Umar and I were trying very hard to control our laughter. Still he managed to reply, "God gifts babies because of prayers."

"Does that mean parents don't have to do anything else to give birth to children? The priest of our Church and his wife pray daily. Still he doesn't have a child."

Mustafa was having a confused look on his face, when I said, "Maaran, go and bring all your friends. Today I will teach you all how babies are born."

"Nejamava ka?(Really, elder sister?)

"Nejama (Really). Go fast."

Before he could return, I picked up few chalk pieces from the shelf and drew a diagram of woman's reproductive system in the Black Board. Salim, Mustafa and Umar left the class when kids started coming in. But, I also know that they were in my listening distance. Most of the kids were above 12 or 14 years, matured enough to know about sex. Instead of learning rubbish about sex from wrong sources, it is better if they learn right things about sex. I was very much inspired by the movie 'Kutram Kadithal'. So, I slowly started explaining about a woman's body parts, how they reach puberty, how they get pregnant, how they deliver babies etc. I could see the awe in most students' eyes. When I finished off everybody was absolutely quiet. I said, "This is how you, me and everybody come to this earth." All the students were looking at each other and everybody clapped. I was stunned for a while.

"Haaaa. Enough, enough. Now enough of serious talk. Will you all like to play cricket now?"

A girl asked me, "Akka, how can girls play cricket?"

"Anybody with a bat and ball can play cricket. Trust me you will enjoy it. I also used to enjoy gully cricket when I was a small girl like you."

So, I then divided the whole class into two teams. Anbu, Arugan also joined the teams. Many children find it difficult to get back to normal lives after natural disasters due to PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). So our NGO had decided to involve kids in relief activities and try in every way possible to relieve their stress through games, discussions, counseling etc.