Kabali da..

Salim's POV

It is a horrible thing to work on a Saturday because throughout our School and College life, Saturday is a holiday. It is even more horrible when everybody in your family goes to work on a Saturday, but you have to sit jobless at your home. Since this morning I worked on designing few promotional materials for my Peribaapu's (Father's elder brother) firm. I also worked on a social media campaign for our educational software. At last when I was done, I switched on the TV, to see my beautiful wife in a live coverage of a Politician's Press meet. That particular politician was famous for saying controversial stuff. But today he was giving a boring speech. When he was done, few reporters asked him usual questions. Then my Azhagi stood up and asked him a very provoking question for which he gave a foot in the mouth type of answer. I am sure that will be the headlines tomorrow in all the newspapers. She is actually good at her job. When that Press meet was over, I designed a 'I miss you' Card in Photoshop and sent it to her. Within few minutes, I received a reply saying, 'I miss you too Salim. Saapteengala? (Had your food?)'.

'I am going to eat now. How about you?'

'Just now a Politician gave me headlines. So, I have to rush to Office first and report it. I will break for my lunch, soon after that.'

'Okay, take care. Between I just saw you in TV, live coverage of the Press meet. You made him speak his mind. Way to go. Come home asap. I am waiting for you.'

'Ha ha. I am already feeling bad for working when you are staying alone at home. Don't make me miss you too much. Neraya neraya neraya kaadhalikkaren (Love you a lot). Will be back in your arms soon. I have to start now. Bye Salim.'

'Naanum thaan, Azhagi (Me too, beautiful). Drive safely. Bye ma.'

&&&&&&&&&&

In the afternoon after lunch, when I was thinking of having a nap, Umar texted me asking me to be ready. He works only for half a day on Saturdays. Within few minutes he came to our home, changed to a t- shirt and jean and dragged me with him. I thought of taking my bike or Car but it seems Mustafa was waiting for us.

"Mustafa, Umar, where are we going?"

Umar said, "Surprise."

Mustafa said, "Wait for few minutes. You will get to know that by yourself."

"Are you guys planning to take me for lunch? Then sorry, I am full."

Mustafa said, "Think out of the box. It is not about food."

These people have never given me any surprises. Why are they giving me now? Both of them were giving me a smug look. I texted my Azhagi saying that I am out with Mustafa and Umar. She asked me to enjoy and have a nice time. Finally, we had reached the parking lot for M.A.Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. IPL (Indian Premier League, played in Twenty20 Format) Match was about to start between *Chennai Super Kings Vs Mumbai Indians. I have never seen a match in a stadium.

"Wow. Whose idea is this?"

"Anna, first let's find our seats and settle down."

We were seated inside a Hospitality box. It was air conditioned. When I was still surprised, Umar gave me an envelope. I opened it to find a small card saying, 'Congrats on successfully completing your PG. May you taste more and more success in your life.

With love

Kayal'

Ya Allah. Few days back, we got our results. She had scored 93% and I scored 92.5%. When she asked me what I want as a treat, I told her that I like to be surprised, whatever may be the gift. I in turn promised to take her on a movie date for the upcoming **'Kabali' movie. It is releasing on 22nd of July, it will be very difficult to get tickets for the first two weeks. In most theatres first day first show starts at 4 a.m. Hopefully, I will get a ticket in the third week. The match had started, but I first sent a 'Thank you so much' message to her. When it's a Chennai Super Kings (CSK)Vs Mumbai Indians match we have to keep our fingers crossed till the last moment.