Remove your jeans

Salim's POV

I was so happy that she reminded me about my Salah (prayer). I didn't forget it. In fact my alarm might have rung two minutes after that. But, I was happy that she pushed me to do my prayers. I have heard many people saying that Muslims waste so much time praying. Even though she is a non believer I was happy that she didn't give me any negative criticism. I was happy with the way she let me choose the topic. I thought of choosing Islam for our topic because, I felt I could use the opportunity to teach her about Islam. But, apparently she knows a lot of things. So, when she shuffled two pieces of paper with our names in it, I let her have her way even though I had picked up the paper which had my name. I silently pocketed both the papers. In a way it was nice that she wanted to respect my choice as well instead of being stubborn with her choice.

Her best friend Feroz was a cool guy. We exchanged numbers and promised to meet up when I visit Chennai. When her Amma (Mother) called her, the first thing she asked was "Saapteengala ma?" (Had your lunch Mom?). How I wish she could ask me the same thing. Whenever she was referring me in her conversation with her friends and Amma in Tamil, she joined the term 'nga' at the end like Salim Ali en kooda irukaanga. (Salim Ali is with me). It can mean two things. That she has respect for me or she wants to maintain a safe distance from me, because she doesn't call her friends in that way. Or both can be equally true. I always assumed Chennai people to have bad manners. She broke that assumption.

I was surprised that her parents know everything about me. I am not that open with my parents. I am not sure what they will think when I tell them that I am talking to a woman. My parents aren't narrow minded, but since I haven't been in such a situation before I don't know how to put it across my parents. And for me Kayal is not just another woman. She is quite special for me. If I start speaking about her, it will take only few seconds for my Amma to find out the feelings I have for Kayal. I am not ready for that yet. But with my Akka (elder sister) it is a different story. That is why I poured out my heart to her.

I chose to pour my heart to Allah (SWT) as well in my prayers. He is the best of planners and I place my trust on Him. After my prayers I worked on few assignments. When I had completed all of them, I again concentrated on my presentation. Kayal had shared few links with me on evernote app. I wish I could tell her that I participate in Jallikattu or Bull Taming. But, I didn't know how she would react to it. So, I kept quiet. I slept early after my dinner and prayers.

For the next few days we worked on our presentation through evernote app. We didn't meet. In a way I was happy that I don't have to face the torture of sitting next to her and refrain myself from kissing her beautiful lips. On the other hand, I was also missing her mild fragrance, listening to her sweet voice, more than everything else her company.

But on the day before our submissions we decided to meet and sort out everything. Instead of our common room, she suggested that we sit in the small roundtanna inside the building. She was leaning her back on one small pillar of the roundtanna and kept working with her laptop which was kept on her legs. She had stretched her legs on the roundtanna. She was wearing a long kurta and pyjama. Nothing revealing, but I found her sexy. How am I going to work with her if she is so sexy? As soon as I reached her, I wanted her to fold her legs, so that I can concentrate on my work. "Hai, ummm... why don't you fold your legs?"

She gave me a weird expression. "Why?"

What do I say now? "You know girls shouldn't sit like this in public places."

"I am not a girl. I am a woman. And I can sit however I feel comfortable. My only worry would be that my position shouldn't compromise on my dignity. You have a pre conceived notion of how a woman should be. Sorry, I am not going to fit into those stereotypes. Still, I am going to fold my legs now, not because you asked me to but because I want you to have your seat."