Leave as 'you', return as 'us'

Salim's POV

In the morning, when I woke up, I was happy to see that even though my Azhagi (beautiful woman) had moved away from my chest, she had wrapped her hand over my waist. She had rested her chin on my shoulder. Her breath was tickling me. My hand was holding her hand. Last night she dozed off in my shoulder. That is something, for which I was yearning for ages. She had also held my hand very tightly. It was Feroz who said, "Ali, you can sleep next to her. I am sure if you move away from her, her sleep would be disturbed." Alhamdulillah for that, because I was feeling a little shy to sleep next to her in front of her brother. In a way I was glad that her parents had sent her friends with us. If not for them, I could have never stopped myself after last night's dream. I wanted to devour her to know that she was okay. I gently played with Kayal's finger. She was sleeping very peacefully. Masha Allah.

Just then my Fajr alarm went off. Before I could switch it off, Kayal woke up. I acted as if I was sleeping, just to see how she wakes me up in the morning. I have read so many romantic novels about how women kiss their husband's forehead or play with their hair or simply run their fingers along their face when they are asleep. When I was waiting for such romantic gesture from my Azhagi, I was startled when she poured water in my face.

She said, "Salim, Good morning. Say 'Thank you' to me."

"Why should I say 'Thank you' to you for pouring water in my face this early in the morning?"

She wiped my face with her Dhupatta (Stole) and said, "For waking you up in the Sunnah (Verbally transmitted record of the teachings, deeds and sayings of the Prophet (PBUH)) way for your Fajr"

"En Azhagi (My beautiful woman), that is only for men who can't wake up easily. I am a light sleeper. Come here, I will teach you more interesting ways to wake me up."

I pulled her towards my chest and whispered in her ears, "First kiss my forehead, then you can lightly play with my hair, then you can kiss me throughout my face, or surprise me with a .........."

"Tringgggggggggggggggg" Feroz's alarm disturbed us.

Feroz also stirred from sleep. I suddenly moved a little from Kayal. She laughed beautifully and whispered, "I will remember them for tomorrow morning. But today, please leave now, or else you will be getting late."

"I have set my alarm in such a way that I can go to the Mosque by walk for Fajr. Today, since I can't go to Mosque we have fifteen more minutes for Fajr."

"Why can't you go to the Mosque today?"

"I can't go by walk from here. By the time I reach there, Fajr will be over. My car is still in my office. The gates must be locked now. I can't get it this early in the morning. I will get it sometime in the late morning. Then, I also don't want to leave you alone."

"Super over protective Salim, I am not alone. When Feroz and you leave for mosque Reshma will be there with me. Then this is not some dark jungle. It is a fully secured hospital. Take my bike and go to the Mosque. On your way back, go to home, take bath, change and then give my bike to Feroz and you drive the car and come back soon."

I whined, "You are kicking me out."

"Yes I am. I don't want you to miss going to Mosque for Fajr on the very first day of our marriage."

I smiled at her. Feroz and Reshma were still sleeping. Reshma was sleeping in the couch, fully covered and Feroz was sleeping in a mattress provided by the hospital. I pulled Kayal in my arms and kissed her forehead. "Do you want me to bring anything from home?" I thought she will ask for some food prepared by me.