Ego?? Uff. Keep it for yourself.

Kayal's POV

We reached Trivandrum quite early in the morning. From the airport we took a cab to reach Sara's place. Sara's family gave us a warm welcome. Sara told me that they are Syrian Christians from Kottayam but they have now settled in Trivandrum because of her Father's profession. He is a Bank Employee. In India, Banks are nationalized and employees are transferred to many places within the state or country depending upon Bank's policies.

After our morning breakfast of Puttu(Made with rice flour and grated coconut in cylinder shape) and kadalai curry (Curry made with Bengal gram) we left for Vellayani lake. Kerala is absolutely right in calling itself as 'God's own country'. When we were mesmerized in its beauty, Sara felt bad that how illegal sand mining is slowly destroying the beauty of the lake. That is the curse with all lakes and river beds in India. Day in and day out the power of Sand Mafia is growing in India of course with the help of politicians because their pockets had been taken care of. Sincere Government Officials who refuse to turn a blind eye to this situation are ruthlessly killed. Environmental activists are fighting tooth and nail to change the situation.

While returning we picked up Salim and his friends from the lodge. It seems John was really anxious. Somehow the image of a shy heroine drawing circles with her toe nails on the ground came to my mind. He was that shy. He was so tensed that instead of saying 'Hello Uncle' he said, "Good afternoon Sir" like a guy who was supposed to be interviewed.

Sara's father gave a silent chuckle. He then asked about John's family and background whereas we women left to help Sara's mother in the kitchen. The lunch was quite grand. Rice, Meen Kuzhambu(Fish Curry), Meen Pollichathu(Steamed Fish), Prawn Ularthu(Sautéed Prawns) , Kuttanadan Chicken Roast(A recipe which has its origin in Kuttanad, a place in Kerala), Rasam etc. I enjoyed Fish Pollichathu. It was amazing. Salim was also having only Fish and Prawns because there are chances that chicken might not be Halaal.

After lunch it was Sara's mother's turn to interview John. Poor guy. I served Ice Cream for everybody. Salim was in the verandah. There were two cups of Ice cream left when I served him the second last cup. As soon as he took his bowl he said, "Kayal wait."

He transferred half the ice cream to the bowl which was still on the tray. I asked him. "What are you doing Salim?"

"I am not a great fan of Ice cream. Please have it. I don't want to waste it."

"Figure conscious. I understand Salim."

He acted as if he was angry but he was actually smiling. "Kayal. It's nothing like that."

"Truth bites Salim."

Just then I saw a SLR Camera on the coffee table. I asked him, "Is this yours Salim?"

"Yes."

"Can I have a look at the pictures? I mean if it is not personal."

"No issues. I only take pictures of nature." By now he had taken the camera from its cover and gave it to me. The pictures were amazing. I wish I could use few of his pictures for my painting projects.

So I asked him, "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Anytime."

"That's so sweet of you. Can you please mail me one picture of Kanchenjunga and one picture of this Kerala Scenery? I want to make a painting with your picture as a reference. I will definitely mention your name in Photo Reference credit."

"No need of that. I will mail you once we reach Delhi."

"That's too generous of you. Still, I will mention. Do you at least post your pictures in facebook?"