Oscillating between Chauvinism and Feminism

Happy Ramzan to readers who are celebrating it today and advance wishes to people who are celebrating tomorrow. 

Kayal's POV

Salim's call to my mobile woke me up. I have set a special ringtone for him. I just checked the time, it is 4 a.m. "Salim, any problem? What happened?"

"En Azhagi (My beautiful woman), I don't have any problem. Wake up fast, brush your teeth and come outside your room. I am waiting."

With that he disconnected the call. Today is our wedding reception and we reached Trichy last night. I was sleeping in a hotel room with my cousins. Why is he calling me now? I have heard bridegrooms have wedding blues, but we are already married.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I just realized that I need my caffeine dose to start my day. It made me realize that today is a Sunday, so there are chances that he might have brought me a cup of coffee, my Mahr. Salim, you are such a romantic husband. Even though my hair was plaited it was a mess, but I didn't want to keep him waiting outside my door. So, instead of plaiting it again, I just made an almost decent bun with my clutch hair clip. My Amma insisted that since I am a bride to be, I should be wearing saree all the time. Last evening after reaching the hotel room, I changed to a simple cotton saree. After adjusting it, I sneaked outside my room.

Salim was sitting in the side wall, both his legs on the wall, leaning against a pillar. Since we were in the ground floor, it was safe. I went near him and he gave me a very beautiful smile. There was a small bulb in that area. He pulled me near him and planted a small, soft feather light kiss in my lips, "Have I ever told you that you look very beautiful when you wake up after your sleep?"

"Not before today."

"I keep calling you 'Azhagi' and you look beautiful all the time, but every time you wake up from your sleep like now you look breathtakingly beautiful."

I ran my fingers through his thick curly hair and said, "You must be the only man in this earth to find a woman beautiful when she is right out of the bed. I wanted to tell you that you look handsome for a very long time, but stopped myself thinking that you have already overheard me saying that to other people and I shouldn't boost your ego."

He slightly twisted my ear, "Ouch Salim."

"Tell me, what you wanted to tell."

I cupped his cheeks with both my hands, "Every time you laugh and your seductive mouth slightly opens outlined by your neat moustache, every time you smile with your twinkling eyes and a dimple in your cheek, every time you blush till your ears get beet red, every time you act as if you are sleeping just to get my Good Morning kisses and like now when you have a surprise for me and grin like a Cheshire cat, you look incredibly handsome." With that I pulled the flask which he had kept behind him and kept it in front of him.

"It took you three weeks to say this to me and even now, you forgot one important thing."

"Forgot what?"

He took my right hand and kept it in his head. "Fishing for compliments Salim?"

"What to do? You didn't read Mills and Boon. So it's my responsibility to teach you romance. No other go. Anyway, don't get distracted. Say what you wanted to say."

I smiled and said, "You have got a really sexy riot of curls and I love them so much that I want our children to inherit your freaking handsome genes." With that I kissed his head.

He was happily grinning, "Be careful about what you wish for. There are high chances that they may end up cursing me."

"Why? Did you curse your grandfather?" I remember that Salim inherited his looks from his maternal grandfather, especially his curly hair.