It's the moment

Readers please vote, comment and share. Please press the star button. Content Warning: Slightly mature content. Haraam Police, they are married now.

Salim's POV

My Azhagi (beautiful woman) got very excited when I agreed to answer her twenty questions. I was ready to open myself to her. She left my embrace and turned around so that we can face each other. Still, I didn't like to keep away from her. So I took her fingers and started playing with them. She smiled and said, "I remember the first time I stared at you, you felt uncomfortable and looked down. Tell me how did you feel when you looked at me for the first time?"

"I first saw your back when you said, "I am Kayal". I somehow felt an instant connection towards you. But I was upset that you weren't a Muslim. So, I decided not to look at your face at all. But then on the day when we had the discussion on Babri Masjid, I wanted to thank you for supporting Muslims. The moment I saw you, I was really happy. I thought that you were very beautiful. I wanted to marry you at that moment. I was also disappointed because you didn't show any reaction. I always used to dream that my future wife should fall in love with me on first sight. I was stuttering after looking at you. But you were quite calm and composed."

She laughed and said, "Salim, if at all if I had shown any such reaction to you, you would have felt really uncomfortable. Now tell me, in no particular order five happiest moments in your life."

"I don't think I can limit it to five. I will just say random happy things which come to my mind. The day I became a Hafiz, then the day the business venture started by me and my cousin Farooq started showing profits, Third can be the day my whole family returned from Umrah (Pilgrimage to Mecca which can be undertaken at any time of the year), I couldn't go then because I had fractured my leg, but I was happy because everybody in my home were happy. When Umar was in Eighth Grade he wrote an essay saying that I am his role model. I was very happy on that day and I also started to take my responsibility of elder brother a little more seriously from that day. Then recently when Akka joined work again in the publishing house, she called me up and I could see that she was genuinely happy after a long time. I was glad for her. The day when my Amma agreed to our marriage. Then the day you accepted my proposal. Even though I knew you would accept, I was thrilled beyond limits to see that keychain. The day we got engaged and the moment I saw this watch and the lovely note which you had attached with it. Our House Warming ceremony. Yesterday night after listening to your whole conversation, I was overwhelmed. Today during our Nikkah, when you said "Yes" to Maama (Father in law) by looking at me. Then last but not the least some time back when I snuggled in your chest, to know that Allah (SWT) has blessed us by saying that we belong to each other."

She intertwined her fingers with mine and squeezed it. "That's so sweet. Now tell me about your fears."

"I fear Allah (SWT). I don't like to do anything which may not please Him. I fear for the happiness of my family, I mean our family. I don't like to see anybody hurt or upset. I try to do everything possible in my means to make them happy. Then, I am afraid of looking at your eyes when there is no love, trust or respect for me. That would kill me."

She placed her bandaged hand on top of our intertwined fingers and said, "Don't worry, that day will never come."

I kissed her hand. She smiled at me and then asked, "Tell me about something which you are longing to do."

"Umrah. I want to go for my Umrah. Then, for a very long time, I wanted to wrap you in my arms. Once Akka showed me your fb pictures. That day, I decided that I will travel a lot with you. So yeah, I am also longing to travel to many places with you."