Chapter 22

Ruqayyah's POV

"I don't know what to say. I am so sorry this happened to you," I told her after we parted from the hug.

"I know, but everything became worst when the video ended up in my mum's hand." She says and I thought nothing could be worse than someone recording you losing your v card, but handing the recording to her mum, was just too much now. Who would be so mean to the point?

"That's terrible!"

"I know, that's why she forbade me to be anywhere near Aisha and I obliged for a year, but then that family friend left the college and you came, I started talking to her again, more arguing really."

"So this happened at the begining of last year?" I ask and she nods in agreement, "I didn't know it was this serious. I'm really sorry, I'm here trying to pressure you into being friends with them when I have no idea how it is to go through what you went through." I apologise, but she gives me a sympathetic weak smile.

"No, you are right. I think I'll give at least Youssef a chance to explain himself."

"You told me what Aisha did, what about Youssef?"

"Well, it's a bit of a silly reason I guess." She looks down and sighs, "I was just jealous because his feelings for me weren't reciprocal."

"How do you know they weren't reciprocal?"

"Because on the night of the party, he left me at Alex's dorm when Alex wasn't there, I asked him to stay with me and he didn't stay."

"But maybe it's because he didn't want to take advantage of you."

"I thought so too, and I also thought it was because of his religion, so I didn't mind, but then... I heard that he didn't go home that night, he actually went to someone else's dorm and she was a girl and she was alone and you know what happens." She says and I could see that it was still hard for her to believe it.

"Rumours?"

"No, the girl told me herself, and she was also one of my best friends. I know her for longer than I've known Youssef and she has never lied to me." She says and by now I knew she wouldn't reveal the girl's name, but that's the least of the worries right now.

"Oh, so you_"

"Yes, I became jealous and I guess because of that I stopped hanging out with him. I know it's silly, I told you so. I just thought maybe if he wasn't interested in me and if he preferred my friend then he could have told me so."

"I'm sorry once again. It's not silly, better to distance yourself than to get hurt over mismatched feelings."

"That's what I thought, but now I guess you're right, it's time to keep the grudge away and try to be friends with Youssef again, or at least try not to argue. I might even try be nicer to Aisha."

"That's really brave of you."

"But it is not because I think that kind of act deserves forgiveness, but because I don't believe Aisha would do such thing. I mean, maybe for Youssef it is because I have feelings for him and I can just see the good side of him, but for the years we've known each other for, I know him as this nice guy that respects and cares for people and never harmed anyone really. He was just the perfect, dream guy, do you get me?" She asks a little confused with her own words. She really likes him.

"I do get you, it does make perfect sense what you are saying. For the little amount of time I've known Youssef, I can't imagine him doing something like that. I am sure he would tell you if he didn't like you, and I just can't believe Aisha would go that far to hurt somebody."