Chapter 35

Alex's POV

"Alexandre, come down please!" I hear my mum call me from behind my door.

I had just finished wearing the blue suit that my dad left on my bed for today. Yes, the suits are now trending in my wardrobe. My dad bought lots of them.

As I leave my room, I think of ways to talk to my dad about my plans for the future. I never thought of telling him, but after my conversation with Ruqayyah, I realise it's worth a try.

"Where's dad?" I ask once I reached downstairs. I didn't see him since I arrived.

She walks to me and does my tie properly since it was just hanging on my neck, "He's at work. He asked for you to meet him there. And before you start, go to his office first."

"I don't feel like going to the office today," I tell my mum.

"Why? Are you ill or something?" She asks with concern as she places her hand on my forehead.

"No, I'm tired."

"I understand. Because of the match right? You can stay home today. I'll talk to your dad." She gives me a smile and I return one. It's always easier to speak to my mum than my dad. "You can go have rest, I'll make you something to eat." She kisses me on the cheek before walking to the kitchen.

I go back to my room and I check my phone to notice a message from 'Ma Reine'. I smile and remember there's only one person I consider 'My Queen'.

It said: "Heyy, have you spoken to your dad yet?"

First, I change out of this uncomfortable and so not me suit, and change into my normal pants and T-shirt since it was a hot day.

I call Ruqayyah soon after, "Hey," She speaks over the phone.

"Well, at least you didn't hang up on me this time." I play and she giggles. "I didn't have the chance to speak to my dad yet. He isn't home."

"It gives you extra time to prepare." She says positively.

"Where are you?"

"In my room, but I'll have to go downstairs in a bit to help my mum cook."

"I guess I know who to go to, to learn how to cook." I say playfully.

"Why? Any special occasion?"

"Yep. So I can cook for you when we get married." I smile amused waiting for her reaction.

"O.kay..." She laughs, probably taking it as a joke.

Before I could respond anything back, someone knocks on my door and then my mum peeks in.

"Oui mama?" I ask as I mute the call.

"Here, I made you a little snack." She places the tray with the food on top of my desk. "Oh, are you on the phone?"

"Ruqayyah, I will call you back," I tell her and after her reply, I hang up.

"Oh, you didn't need to hang up. Is it the girl you told me about?" My mum sits next to me on the bed.

"Yes."

"So you guys talked it through?" She asks and I nod.