Chapter 29

Alex's POV

I was at my normal thinking spot, the one I brought Ruqayyah at and only her. I would barely use this place before, but now I seem to be coming here very often. To think about life, think about her. Think about any ways that can make me forget her. The thing is, I don't want to forget. Ruqayyah has made me feel something really strong that I can not even explain in words. But I allowed her to make me feel this way. I knew she was the type to play hard to get even if she's not planning to. I could have given up on her the first time I tried and failed to get her. But I insisted because I was taught to never give up on something I wanted. I thought the lesson was reffering to people as well. I just messed everything up, everywhere in my mind has her name and her image on it. I want to forget her, but I can not because I know that's not what I really want. It is confusing, even for me. And I used to be the man that knew what he wanted, nothing would change my mind or make me think twice.

I was disturbed when my phone rang. It was my mum. Probably wondering where I am. It's already one in the morning. I almost forgot she couldn't sleep if she isn't sure I'm home and safe.

Why am I even letting myself suffer over a girl who already told me twice she didn't want me in her life?

She called me a few hours ago, it was hard to see the call and not pick up.

When I got home, my mum was walking down the big stairs of our house. It's not as if we needed all of this space and extra stuff, but my dad loves to show off and always cares about what others will think.

"Where were you Alexandre?" My mum makes her way to me.

"Out,"

"I was worried," She gives me a hug.

"Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Your dad was looking for you."

"I can't deal with dad right now."

"Why not?" I hear my dad's voice and I see him come down the stairs.

"I'm just tired," I tell him, not even making an effort to look fine.

"Okay, just make sure by seven in the morning tomorrow you are awake and dressed appropriately because you are coming with me to Turner's office." My dad says with a proud smile.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? I told you this month I would introduce you to the office and your future employees. Because as you know your dad is getting old and I won't live forever, so you will one day take my place." He taps me on the shoulder, "I believe you will be as great as I am."

"Sure, " I reply and walk towards the stairs.

"Alex, are you not happy?" My dad asks.

"Very happy." I answer as I make my way up.

I go for a shower when I finally reach my room. Tomorrow will be a long day. The worst is that I'm going to be doing something that I did not include in my future at all. Everything is going wrong since I turned eighteen. My dad has put in his mind that I need to start learning everything about his work. I always wanted to be a footballer, but I never took much thought to it since I knew my dad would never allow me to.

I was diverted from my thoughts when I heard someone knock on my door.

"Can I come in?" My mum peeks in.

"Yes,"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." She sits down beside me, "You didn't seem very happy when your dad announced tomorrow's plans." She points out and I just shrug, "I am worried, son. You've been acting strange ever since you came back home yesterday. You don't know how happy I was when you came home last week and it was the complete opposite, you were so happy. And you know your happiness is contagious, but your sadness is as well." She holds my hand in between hers.