Chapter 38

Ruqayyah's POV

"Yes, that's the Adam who's texting me. He kind of changed when you left. He started hanging out with the popular guys of the school and no one tried to intimidate him ever since because he has become one of them. Physically, he also changed. Definitely more attractive, and I kind of started to hate him because he was becoming an idiot like the rest of them. But then we had a paired project and I was forced to talk to him. During the project, he used to always make excuses for us to go eat out together or just spend time together with the protest of 'doing work'. I just realised that when the project brought us closer than it should have. I used to hang out with him and his friends sometimes until the day he told me something that immediately changed our relationship..."

"Why did you stop? Go on!" I say, gaining a smile from her.

"He confessed his feelings for me and that he wanted to take our relationship serious. I was seriously caught off guard so I didn't really give him any hint that I felt the same way. We didn't talk about it and I avoided him for a week or so before he managed to lock us in a classroom and asked to marry me. This was literally last month. To that I agreed because I did like him back. I first spoke to my parents to prepare them, but I never told them the guy I wanted to marry was Adam. They'll be shocked when they find out because they actually like him a lot. Remember how our parents always used to tell us to be more like Adam because he is such a good example to follow, and not to mention his exceptional grades that made us look like complete idiots?" She says and we both laugh. We used to hate to be compared to him, but now it's all just fun and games. "My mum said as long as the guy is Muslim and acts upon it, then I can get married to him. Adam wanted to talk to my parents, but I told him to wait until I get back to Spain next week." She finalizes and I couldn't be happier for her.

"Subhanallah, mashaa Allah! I am really happy for you. But wait, so you are about to get married and you weren't thinking of telling me."

"I'm not even engaged yet. But obviously, I was going to tell you, I just needed to find the right time and place. Zeinab doesn't know about none of this." She explains.

"I forgive you this time. Remember when we were kids and we used to joke around saying you would get married first. Maybe we were right after all."

"You never know, anything can happen. I don't want to put my expectations too high, so let's keep it calm." She says before we notice Zeinab making her way to the living room.

"You traitors! You left me up there all by my self." She comes complaining already.

"I know you are afraid of the dark but are you afraid of the light too?" Dina plays.

"Where's the food?" Zeinab asks ignoring Dina.

"Kitchen, just heat it up." I tell her and she runs to the kitchen.

"I don't even know what I'm going to wear for thorpe park. What do you wear for a theme park in England?" Dina asks as always wanting to fit in.

"You wear whatever you feel like as long as it is comfortable of course." I respond.

"I have the perfect outfit then." She smiles before we hear the bell ring.

I walk to the door and open it to reveal Bianca with a really big purple suitcase.

Is she traveling and she didn't tell me?

"Heyy! What? Weren't you expecting me?" She asks as I looked at her suitcase.

"No, I mean, yes come in. But are you travelling abroad or what?" I had to ask, making her chuckle.

"I'm staying here for a week so I had to come prepared, I don't even know what type of clothes I'll need for wherever we will go have fun this week. So I brought one-third of my wardrobe."