Chapter 47

Ruqayyah's POV

"Are you ready?" I ask Aisha as I finish putting my shoes on.

I was leaving extra early because Aisha's class start earlier and she asked me to go to Felicia with her.

"Yep." She responds and we both grab out bags and head to Felicia coffee to meet Hafsah (Bianca) and Jameelah.

"What happened to the five minutes?" Hafsah (Bianca) reminds us as we sat down next to them.

About thirty minutes ago when I just finished my shower, Aisha told them we would be here in five minutes.

We give them an apologetic smile before making our orders. Hafsah (Bianca) had her headscarf around her exactly as I taught her. She had a black dress on and did a beautiful yet simple make up.

Aisha looks at Hafsah (Bianca) and smiles, "Mashaa Allah. Wait does that mean our group of friends now only contain Muslimahs?" Aisha says in excitement. "need to start wearing hijab too." She adds as she looks at the three of us.

We ate our breakfast in peace since we still had an hour until our classes start. None of the boys were here yet.

"I have ten minutes left!" Aisha looks at the time on her phone.

"Don't worry, I'll drop us off." Said Hafsah (Bianca) as we got up from our seats.

After dropping Aisha off at college, we decided to go to the library and stay there for the rest of the spare time until the first lesson.

***

"Everyone is looking at us," Hafsah (Bianca) whispers to me a little nervous.

"Everyone is looking at you." I correct her before we sat on our seat.

Mrs Fatima literally stopped what she was doing, to stare. Just like the whole class.

"Uh... Good morning girls," She greets us with a smile.

"Good morning." We reply in unison.

All lessons went by and Hafsah (Bianca) was the centre of attention. Sometimes she tried to hide behind me because everyone from the corridors looked at her. Some people even thought she was a new student. Youssef didn't seem much surprised, maybe she told him before. 

Alex wasn't in at all today.

"Could I steal Hafsah for a minute, please?" Youssef asks, taking me out of my thoughts.

We were together at the library revising for tomorrow's literature exam.

"Yes, sure. By the way Youssef... Uh, is Alex in today?" I ask.

"He is in. I saw him last night. Today morning he went to the Vens football stadium."

"Oh, thank you." I give him a small smile before he left with Hafsah (Bianca).

Why would Alex go to Vens early morning? He doesn't even have training this whole week because of the exams.

I turn my phone off and try to focus on studying.

The day seemed longer than usual. At least I got to do my college revision, and recited the Qur'an. I've stopped the memorisation for now because I'm going back on all the surahs I've memorised to make sure they are still in my head.

The next day, I enter the class with Hafsah (Bianca) and we notice Mr Jim roll his eyes at her and mutter something to himself before handing out the exam papers.

We ignore him and we go to our usual seats. Alex was supposed to be next to me.

Thinking about him, there he goes, coming in five minutes late. He sits next to me without an excuse for his late arrival and Mr Jim doesn't ask either.