Chapter 52

Ruqayyah's POV

I could already hear yelling from inside. Alex's mum opens the door and she seems relieved when she saw me.

"I'm glad you are here. You have to stop them. I don't know what to do." Mrs Nicolette speaks desperately.

I hurry inside with her and Mr Turner immediately glares at me.

"Stop trying to control everything and everyone around you! Don't you understand not everybody holds the same irrational thoughts as you do? You are selfish and only care about your own point of view. I can not even call you dad anymore. What did that man even do to you? Another innocent suffering in your hands!" Alex shouts the words and I rush to him as he steps towards his dad.

"This is your fault!" Mr Turner looks at me.

"It's not. It's entirely yours. You have ruined this family! You will call the office and tell them to release her dad right now." Alex instructs, but he knew his dad wouldn't oblige.

"Tell me a good reason why I should do that?"

"Well, if you don't, I will. Don't forget I also have the power. The news reporters would love to know what happens inside this house." Alex threatens.

"You would not..."

"Oh yes I would."

"Enough! Guards, get her out of my house now!" He orders and I see the same guard whom I spoke to yesterday, saying something to the other guards and none of them moved. "I said now!" Alex's dad yells.

"Give us a valid reason sir," The guard says.

"I'm ordering you to!"

"I'm afraid that won't be enough."

"You are fired! Anyone else?" His dad looked at the other guards and none of them moved neither said anything.

But I knew the guard did not mind. He was talking about quitting the job.

"Even your guards are against you. Look what you turned into. Do you think people respect you because they like you? Definitely not. It is because they are afraid of you. Once the fright is gone all that's left is desrespect and hatred." Alex says in a calmer voice this time. "Now I will tell you again. Release her dad because he doesn't deserve to be in between all of this."

"You've made your decision haven't you?" His dad walks to a small table to grab some keys.

"If that decision is not giving up on what makes me happy even if my dad is against it, then yes. I've made my decision."

"I'm not going to stop you." He steps close again. "I'm just going to secure her dad's place in a real prison. This whole time he was somewhere safe, but now, I will have no mercy. At least until you make another decision. And I'm not going to hurry you or anything, take your time." The amusement was clear in Mr Turner's tone.

"Son of a..." Alex was going to do something crazy so I immediately step in front of him, in between him and his dad.

I myself wanted to do what he was going to do, but I know it would make it worse and it's not worth it.

"Alex, don't!" I tell him. I know he is still angry and as soon as I leave, he will do something crazy. "Alex, look at me," I say. "Alex, look at me... Alex, please..." He finally does and I could feel his breathing slowly going back to normal as our eyes meet.

"How endearing," I hear Mr Turner say with sarcasm. "But I have work to do."

"Wait!" Alex stops him, "I will stay away from her if you release her dad." Alex says to his dad, in no moment removing his eyes from me.