Chapter 50

Ruqayyah's POV

"Ruqayyah, it has been quite a while, hasn't it?" Mr Turner says as he stands right in front of me, "What did we agree on...? Oh, right, staying away from my son. You've done a great job for the past couple of weeks." He congratulates, or I think he did. "Why did you have to take all that hard work to waste today?"

"I..." I gape, but I could not say more than that. If I tell him that we were just talking, it will only make him angrier. He does not want me near his son at all.

"You what?" He asks, but I just look down avoiding his intense gaze on me, "You do know what's going to happen now, don't you?" He says as he stretches his hand back to the guard without taking his eyes off me. The guard hands him a phone that was already ringing.

"Mr Turner, everything is settled, we are now at the doorsteps of the address," The person on the phone says.

"Perfect. Ring the bell and arrest him," Mr. Turner gives his order. I hear a doorbell from the other side of the phone.

"Isa Deen?" I hear from the other side and my heart immediately races.

"Please don't," I tell Jackson.

"Yes?" I hear my dad's voice and tears come flooding in my eyes.

"You are under arrest for perjury in court," Mr Turner's guard says.

"I beg you please don't," I plee and Mr Turner hangs up the call.

"You asked for this."

"I promise I will never ever get anywhere near Alex, but please don't let them arrest my dad for something he has not done. I... I will leave college if I have to, I-I will go in his place instead. I beg you you don't arrest him." I plee, but that only amused him even more.

"You promised to stay away last time as well."

"Why are you doing this to me!" I scream at him, "If you really wanted me to stay away you could have easily got me expelled from college. Why are you going this far! What do you have against my dad!? You are a monster! Alex does not deserve you as a father!" I yell at him and I try to run to the giant door to leave but one of the guards holds me back, "Leave me alone! Let go of me!" I scream as I try to push him away but he picks me up and forces me to sit down on the chair.

I sob helplessly knowing that I am completely defenceless in this room full of criminals.

"You have one week. Show me how much you care for your dad over anyone else and you will have him back, or else, you know what happens. Should I give him ten years? No, that's not enough. Perhaps life would do." He threatens amused and I grab whatever was closest to me and throw it right at him, which was my phone. Unfortunately, it did not hit Mr Turner because one of guards caught it with his hand. They were about to reach for me but Mr Turner holds his hand up stopping them.

"You do have quite a temper." He states.

Quite a temper? My dad was just arrested you stupid piece of... Arrgh!

"I still haven't heard from you. I am giving you a week. Will there be changes until then?" He asks and I just look down without answering, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that." He speaks irritating me even more.

"Yes, there will be changes." I reluctantly answer.

"You do understand now what you get for messing with a Turner, don't you?" He says and I breathe, trying to control my tears. I am not crying in front of him. I am not giving him the pleasure. "Great, take her back," Mr Turner gives orders. The one who caught my phone comes to me. I grab my bag and walk past him without waiting for him.