The Blind Banker: Chapter 15

You sat at Sherlock's desk, scribbling away on a piece of paper while Sherlock watched from over your shoulder, casting a dark shadow on your paper.

"Stop that." You grunted, blowing a piece of hair out of your face as you closed your eyes, picturing the wall again.

"Are you sure all this is right?" Sherlock questioned, leaning farther forward over your shoulder. You felt his breath on the back of your neck and groaned, turning your head to look up at him. His face was inches from yours and you scowled at him.

"Photographic memory." You stated, before turning back to the page and starting to finish the last couple symbols.

"Right." He nodded, finally backing away to give you some space. You sketched in silence for a couple more minutes before you pushed back the chair you were sitting in, sighing.

"All finished." You said, holding it out to Sherlock. He snatched it from your hands before pinning it up with all the other photos. He quickly began looking over all the pictures, looking for clues. You glanced back at John to see him partially passed out, sitting at one of the tables. His head rested in his hands and you were pretty sure he was snoring slightly. It had been a long day.

"Look at this." Sherlock said, still concentrated on the pictures. You turned to see what Sherlock had found. You studied the pictures and quickly noticed what he had seen.

"All the numbers come in pairs!" You yelled excitedly, waking a discombobulated John.

"John, look. The numbers, they come with partners." Sherlock stated, placing his hands on his hips. John groaned, squeezing his eyes shut before glancing back at the two of you.

"God, I need to sleep." He muttered tiredly, looking around.

"Why did he paint it so near the track?" Sherlock questioned, mostly to himself.

"No idea." John stated, still looking a bit confused and exhausted.

"Thousands of people pass by there everyday."

"Someone was bound to notice it." You nodded, your eyes scanning over the sketch you drew.

"Just 20 minutes." John groaned, placing his face back into his hands and closing his eyes.

"Of course." Sherlock muttered with a small smile on his face. You furrowed your eyebrows at him thinking hard. What did you not get?

"Someone was bound to notice it! He was sending a message, he wanted people to see it!" You exclaimed. "But not us."

Sherlock nodded at you. "He wanted to communicate with his people in the underworld. Whatever was stolen, he wants it back."

"So, whatever was stolen, it must be here somewhere, in a code." You stated studying the pictures.

"Yes, but the question is: What is the code?" Sherlock turned to you and you shrugged.

"I haven't got the slightest idea." You frowned. Suddenly Sherlock began pulling some of the pictures off the wall. You watched him, not saying a word.

"We can't crack this without Soo Lin Yao." He quickly gathered his things and was off. You followed his actions and John groaned, pulling himself from his chair and grudgingly following you back to the museum.

The three of you were yet again met with Andy, questioning him once again about Soo Lin. He looked confused as you and Sherlock bombarded him with questions.

"Two men who traveled back from China were murdered. And their killer left them messages in Hangzhou numerals." Sherlock quickly told Andy and he looked a bit lost, trying to process it all.