The Reichenbach Fall: Chapter 4

"You broke in here just to talk to little ole' me? I'm flattered, really. Poor little Sherlock probably has no idea you're here, does he?" Moriarty leaned towards you with a grin, stopping as far as his hand cuffs would let him. You crossed your arms raising an eyebrow at him. You weren't giving him anything he wanted.

"I didn't break in anywhere, unlike you." You told him, watching him closely as his eyes scanned over you. You ignored his Sherlock comment. It was best if you didn't mention him as much as possible. You cleared your throat, crossing your arms on the table as you looked at him. "I came here for answers."

"Oh, that's boring. Let me guess, you want to know how I did it?" He asked, placing his hands on the table, his handcuffs clattering against the metal from his movement.

"No, actually. I don't care how or why you did it. Don't be so obvious." You rolled your eyes at him. He perked up at that, interested.

"So you must know then."

"Know why you got yourself caught? Because you know you'll be released. Probably bribed someone for all I care, which if you wanted to know, I don't. Why you broke into all those places? Attention. You were sending us a message. How? Probably some sort of computer based key, haven't looked into it enough, because like I said, I don't care. Now please, let's cut to the chase. I want to make a deal." Moriarty stared at you for a long while with a grin plastered on his face.

"You are clever aren't you? That's why Sherlock keeps you around. Now why should I give you what you want?" He squinted at you, rapping his fingers lightly against the metal table as he watched you across from him.

"You owe me. Don't you remember getting me shot? Or breaking into my apartment?" You didn't give him any emotion as you stared blankly at him, mustering up your boredest features. You had to convince him he didn't interest you, that he wasn't smart enough for you. And mostly that he didn't scare you.

"Oh, those were fun times. But the fun is up, Y/n!" He grinned, almost singing as he talked. You knew that he got off on messing with the three of you, his dark chuckle echoed in your mind as he said this. You lost concentration for a moment, before you looked back up at him.

"What's this deal you speak of?" He turned his head, eyes sparkling as he scanned you, his cocky grin still placed on his face.

"Me." You told him. His grin grew at that and you stared straight ahead at him. You wouldn't break eye contact, that would show you were uncomfortable or scared. You held your gaze, your jaw locked tight.

"Oh?" He asked. He licked his lips and readjusted himself in his chair as his eyes scanned you another time. You could see the excited gleam they held, the hunger, as he scanned your body. You withheld your distaste, pressing your lips together.

"It's common sense really. I know when I'm on the losing side, and I manipulate it anyway I can. So, you get me, anything you want to know, anything you want to do. In exchange for Sherlock." You breathed, looking down to your fingers as you spoke now. Your heart rate kicked up as you made the deal. "I know you have a plan, and I know I'd be stupid if I asked what it was. Of course you won't tell me; ruins the surprise. But I'm asking you to spare Sherlock. Use me as your pawn instead." You finished, looking up at Moriarty from your clasped hands. You didn't want him to notice they were shaking.

"Now this is rather unexpected!" Moriarty laughed, humming softly as he looked at you. "You want to save your little lover boy! Nice deal, but... no thanks!" He sang, leaning back into his chair. You sat up quickly, desperate to convince him otherwise. You couldn't let him win this one, you were tired of being so scared and pushed around by Moriarty. You had to do this, for yourself, but most importantly for Sherlock.