The Reichenbach Fall: Chapter 11

"Darling, they didn't have any ground coffee so I just got normal..." Moriarty stopped in his tracks when he saw you, John, and Sherlock all looking at him. His eyes filled with what appeared to be fear, as he dropped the bags he'd been carrying into the apartment. You quickly took in his appearance, seeing he'd put himself in another disguise. Richard Brook. Before he had time to react, you had him pinned against the wall with fistfulls of his shirt in your hands. You would show him you no longer feared him.

"You said that they wouldn't find me here! You said that I'd be safe here!" Jim trimbled in your hands as he stared at you in complete fear. Your hands tightened around his shirt as you stared menacingly into his eyes.

"We had a deal, Moriarty!" You yelled in his face, pulling his shirt as your body shook with anger. What was stopping you from killing him right here and right now? You could end it all.

"You are safe, Richard. I'm a witness. You wouldn't harm him in front of witnesses, would you?" Kitty spoke from behind you and you kept your tight hold on Moriarty, watching his face closely.

"Please, please let me go." Jim begged, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Not until you tell Kitty the truth! You know I'm not scared of you, I won't hesitate to end this here and now!" You yelled in his face, shoving him closer to the wall. He whimpered in fear which just pissed you off even more. He was such a fake! How did Kitty not see that? Because all she was interested in was the best selling story and this was it.

"No, no, I've told her the truth, I have!" Moriarty cried, closing his eyes and turning his head away as you got in his face.

"You should let him go, I could call the police." Kitty warned. You ignored her, all your attention focused on Moriarty. You had to get him to stop messing around, to tell the truth, and throw him around for not taking you seriously.

"So that's your source? Moriarty is Richard Brook?!" John yelled from behind you, anger very evident in his voice. You were only focused on Moriarty at the moment. Was it worth going to jail to just kill him now? You found yourself wondering as you didn't loosen your tight grip on his shirt.

"Of course, it's Moriarty. This is a game to him!" You shoved him into the wall once more and he stood stock still, just taking it. What was wrong with him?

"No, he's Richard Brook. There is no Moriarty. There never has been." Kitty spoke from behind you. You let go of Moriarty at that, turning to look at her. He quickly skirted towards a corner near a flight of stairs, away from you, breathing heavily.

"Come again?" You took a step closer to Kitty, pure rage pumping in your veins. She took a step back as she looked at you with a stupid grin. You were ready to smack the grin straight off her face in about two seconds.

"What are you talking about?" John asked her, just as confused as you were.

"Look him up. Rich Brook – an actor Sherlock Holmes hired to be Moriarty." She spoke, her grin not dropping. "He was mistaken at first, Y/n had nothing to do with it. She didn't even know what Sherlock was pulling her into. How does it feel to be manipulated? A victim of Sherlock's scams?" She took a step towards you and you lost it.

"Okay, that's it." You lunged towards Kitty, but John quickly grabbed your waist, stopping you. She took a small step back, just looking at you with these eyes that seemed to say she had won. "John, let go!" You yelled, swinging an arm towards her in a punch. She stumbled back, avoiding your swing and just watched you. You were only fueling more writing material but you didn't care as long as you could punch the stupid look off her face. You finally calmed down and John let go of you as you stared at Kitty then turned back to Jim, ready to throw him around again. John looked just as angry as you as he took a small step towards Jim, who took a stumbling step back in fear with his hands raised out in front of him.