32

"Oh my god! He did what!"

A booming laugh was what woke Y/n, followed by a loud exclamation. Pushing the blanket off her face, she blinked up at the ceiling. The room was much brighter now, sunlight pouring in through the windows that had been pushed open. From beside her, Kakyoin grumbled and threw his arm over his face. It was evident from the way he was lying on the bed that he had quite literally fallen back onto the bed from exhaustion.

"He licked the toilet."

Jotaro's reply to his grandad was in contrast much quieter, though the amusement in his tone was evident. At the statement, Joseph's loud giggles resumed, growing more and more hysterical. Until they cut off altogether. Groggily, Y/n lifted her head and looked around, wanting to find the cause of the sudden cease in laugher.

Standing in the doorway, Polnareff shook his head at the two men and strode into the room, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as he did. "'e 'on't 'alk a'out 'hat!" he grumbled, words coming out slurred and almost incomprehensible. Stopping in front of Y/n, he glared at her - something that would have been jarring if it weren't for the hole in his tongue that took centre stage.

"Of course," Joseph muttered, stifling his erupting cackles with his hand.

"'o you 'ave wi'es?"

"You what?" Y/n questioned, rolling out from underneath the comforter to squint at him.

"Wi'es!"

"He's asking for wipes," Jotaro clarified, a smirk on his face as he watched Polnareff grow more disgusted with himself by the second.

"O- Oh. Uh, no. Why would I?" Y/n mumbled in response as she scratched her head. "Just go to the bathroom and wash it with soap."

The moment she uttered the word 'bathroom', Polnareff's eyes widened and he violently shook his head, tongue flapping and all. Without another word, he turned on his heel and sped out of the door, leaving the rest behind in either confusion or amusement.

"Huh?" Y/n questioned, twisting around to stare at Joseph and Jotaro in bewilderment.

"I believe he's had more emotional trauma from bathrooms and the like in the past two weeks than anyone should have in their lifetime," Joseph chuckled. Leaning forward, he shook Kakyoin awake. The redhead was just as groggy as the girl had been, if not worse, but with Joseph's parental skills kicking in, the four had collected their belongings and were heading down to the lobby within minutes.

"Wait- It's morning already?" Y/n asked suddenly, looking out at the glaring sun and lack of fog from the windows. "We slept through the whole afternoon and night?"

"You slept for about half an hour."

Jotaro's words startled her, Y/n whirling around to watch him emerge out of another doorway, a small, limp bundle tied by ropes in his hand. As he got closer, the heap started to get both more recognisable and baffling. Y/n almost thought she was going mad until the thing was unceremoniously dumped on the ground.

What she had believed to be a random bundle was none other than Enyaba, several thick ropes keeping her unconscious form in place.

"I- You- What the fuck?" she sputtered, her still sleepy brain trying to connect the dots and failing.

"The old hag was the Stand user," he sighed, gesturing for Joseph to disclose the rest.

Eagerly, he jumped into his second-hand retelling of what had happened when both Y/n and Kakyoin were asleep. How her Stand Justice controlled people through any injury on their bodies. As he elaborated, Polnareff reappeared, quietly demanding that Chrome Cortana fix the hole in his tongue. Whilst her Stand did its job, Y/n learnt how the woman was particularly fixated on Polnareff due to her grudge for him killing her son, Centrefold. Using her army of puppets, she had effectively cornered him, finally piercing his tongue and allowing her Stand to control him.