25

"I heard that the culture shock's gonna be horrendous," Polnareff mumbled.

"Oh my god, are you sure about this, Avdol?" Joseph complained.

"Yes," Avdol replied simply. "India is a wonderful country with simple people. You will learn to appreciate the place and its people."

The six had boarded a train to a port, where they then got onto a ship to get to Kolkata, India. It brought them one step closer to their destination, one step closer to Dio. Somewhere during boarding the train, Anne had silently slipped away once again, presumably leaving the rest to finally meet her father, though Y/n wholeheartedly doubted that.

"We're here," Kakyoin commented as he and Jotaro wandered back to the others.

"Wonderful," Avdol smiled, ushering everyone out of the cabin.

Once out into the city, to say that they were bombarded was an understatement. Dozens of people swarmed them - the foreigners - from each direction as car horns blared in the distance. Whilst the men were taller and able to keep their own in the crowd, Y/n was pushed around easily, quickly getting lost in the congregation. Her aversion of masses of people made the situation ten times worse for her.

A man leaned closer to Kakyoin, "Do you want a tattoo? You're so pretty!"

"No, tha-"

"I can show you around!"

"I stepped in shit!" Polnareff cried.

"Want some help with that?"

"Need some anti-venom?" a vendor asked Joseph, who repeatedly held up his hands and shook his head.

"I'll show you a hotel?"

"No-"

"Let me carry that for you!"

"N-"

Several children gathered around Jotaro. Some poked his jacket and midriff, whilst others pulled on the golden chain as they all asked for tips, threatening him about Hell if he did not pay up. Surprisingly, he did not look half as irritated as would be expected. On the contrary, there was a slightly amused expression on his face as he watched the kids swarm around him.

"My wallet's been stolen!" Kakyoin exclaimed, worriedly patting the pockets of his green jacket.

"I'm about to be stolen!" Y/n shouted, flinging up an arm as she got carried further away from the group in the crowd.

With ease, Kakyoin reached over the heads of several people and caught hold of Y/n's upper arm, effectively dragging her back to him. Automatically, she curled into his uniform and held onto him, not wanting to be towed away again, but before she could stabilise herself, Kakyoin pried her off himself and pushed her into Jotaro's back.

Craning his neck, Jotaro turned around to see what had latched onto the back of his jacket, only to see Y/n holding onto him for dear life. She looked quite like a damp cat, her hair clinging to her neck and forehead from the sweat and humidity.

Y/n looked up to meet his eyes, mouthing the word 'help' before going back to her original position. Sighing, he reached around and pulled her off his back, bringing her to his front. Jotaro caged her between his arms as the young children continued to harass him for money. Y/n fell back against him as she watched the entire scene unfold, now significantly more at ease as she was somewhat protected from the crowd.

"A- Avdol!" Joseph shouted from behind them, wrestling his luggage away from a pair of too-helpful hands. "Is this India?"

The Egyptian man glanced back at the group and smiled widely, lifting his shoulders in a nonchalant shrug, "See? The energy is almost palpable! This is why it's such a wonderful country!"