35

Finding Jotaro in this winding, twisting town filled with people should have been a problem.

It really should have been a problem.

But it was not, much to Y/n and the rest's dismay. Once they were onto the main road, it was almost too easy to follow the trail of confusion and disarray right back to him.

A jewellery store owner muttered about how a man the size of a tree tried to rob a bracelet in broad daylight and proceeded to get beaten up – badly. Locals gossiped about how a teenager, dressed in all black, had been used as a human bridge. Said teenager had also been kicked in the face when failing to properly polish the man's shoes, apparently.

"It seems you were wrong about him not being a magnet for disaster, Kakyoin," said Polnareff. He glared pointedly at the redhead as they passed yet another pair of locals muttering about the obviously Jotaro-related incidents.

"His magnetic flux density is still lower than yours. Any day of the week," Kakyoin quipped. The Frenchman shot a withering look in his direction.

The four rounded a corner into a narrow street, their directions wholly led by the chatter they had heard on the way there. And, as luck – or misfortune – would have had it, Jotaro was there.

He stood with his back to them, fixing something onto his wrist, and was surrounded by heaps of rubble, but overall, his stance and posture seemed fine. It did not seem like he had been as roughed up as the floating rumours seemed to suggest.

Until he turned around at the sound of Joseph's relieved call.

The front of Jotaro's uniform was practically blanketed in mud and dirt and, it had been scuffed in several places. His face dripped with blood, the fluid doing a poor job of masking several bruises that had bloomed on his face. Y/n did not want to think about how that probably continued along his arms and torso too.

"What the hell happened to you?!" Joseph shouted, evident outrage bubbling in his voice.

Jotaro came to a stop before them and subtly evaded his grandfather's hand that came out to wipe the blood off his chin. "Some security guards."

Y/n rolled her eyes, "We heard as much coming here – way to make an impression, by the way." He stared at her for a moment with an unimpressed expression.

"Yes, we know what happened," Kakyoin sighed. "But why did you let them do that? You can defend yourself perfectly fine. Actually, how'd the fuck did you even get done for stealing?"

"I'm not going to use my Stand on non-users," Jotaro replied as he adjusted his hat. Y/n smiled momentarily. He might be an asshole, but he's an asshole with morals, at least. "And that bastard made me. Said he'd go fuck himself up if I didn't."

Sighing heavily, Joseph put his head in his hands, "First the hag with Justice, and now this. Two attacks in one damn day. Come on, we're staying the night in a hotel before we leave. I'm not risking it a third time."

Clearly, Joseph was not accepting any argument. He turned on his heel and began to walk away before the matter could be objected to.

"Oi, Old Man," Jotaro called at Joseph's retreating form. "You're not going anywhere looking like that. Get patched up first."

The man turned around and regarded his grandson. "What, you're going to chastise me for looking like a mess when you look like you've dropped out of hell itself?" Joseph chuckled. But despite that, he pulled out a rag to wipe his face and turned to Y/n to get healed. She felt the corners of her mouth tilting up again. She was pretty sure the last thing Jotaro had been concerned about was Joseph's appearance.