Chapter 24

"Aiden no!" Purple flashes before me and a heavily pregnant Star has her forcefield around us, successfully blocking Aiden's powerful punches. Take her hand. There it was again--the voice that seemed to appear at just the right time. Always there to help when I needed it. It has never steered me wrong before, so here goes nothing. I take my sisters delicate hand and instantly feel a surge of energy run down my arm. Star gasps and grabs her belly with her other hand. "Did you feel that to little bunny?" She gently rubs her stomach in comfort, her eyes make contact with mine and I nod as her shield comes down. 

Aiden's fury blinds him to this and his fist is flying towards me but before it makes contact with either of us a blast sends him crashing into the dining table. We looked down at our connected hands and notice the markings on our skin now aglow and a burning sensation takes place--as if my skin was being burned by fire. Star yanks her hand away and examines the palm of her hand but just as soon as they appeared, the markings disappeared. "Woah," we both say while looking at each other and we chuckle a little bit. 

A groan breaks the second of humor and we rush  to Aiden as fast as we could, correction I rushed, Star penguin walked as fast as she could with her large belly. "Ugh I feel like a pile of shit." Aiden says as soon as he sat up. I chuckle and grab his hand to lift him up while carefully plucking few pieces of wood out of his skin. 

"You still look sexy as ever my love." His eyes light up as they look at me and I can't help but kiss my mate. After all we just endured, I would not be upset if he hated me. The way he hungrily kissed me, I know that is not the case. Holding my mate in my arms was a big relief, a force pushes us apart and a little body squeezes through us. 

"I want a hug to!" Aiden and I share a look before bursting into fits of laughter and hug Star close to us. 

"I'm so sorry guys, I love you both and I would never want to hurt you." Aiden has tears in his eyes and he holds both of our hands as if we are going to disappear any second. I wipe his tears with my thumb, his cheeks are already becoming puffy and red. "Don't apologize mate, you couldn't stop yourself if you tried. No one's upset here."

Star huffs and crosses her arms. "Easy for you to say, I am extremely pissed. You interrupted the greatest showman." Aiden blows out a puff of air and finally smile that dazzling smile I love. "I will watch it with you and I will buy you all the chocolate you want." 

He is now on his knees next to Star with large puppy dogs eyes that find extremely adorable. Star finally smiles and runs her finger through his hair. "Fine! I won't be mad anymore but you best be lucky my little bunny likes chocolate." I laugh at my sister and mate, I know for a fact that Star can never be mad at Aiden. Those two are the best of friends. 

"Aiden your side is still healing, we need to go to the pack doctor to get that looked at." 

"Fair enough." Alpha and the pack warriors are off dealing with that little shifter problem and oddly this feels like only the beggining. A storm is brewing and not the good kind, I feel Zyren with the rest of the warriors and he is worried about something. A heavy feeling sets on my chest but I push it aside. It will have to wait until Aiden is out of harms way. 

Once at the pack hospital, Marina wraps Aiden's side and demands he stays overnight. Aiden huffs in frustration when she leaves. "Martin never makes me stay overnight." He makes himself comfortable on the bed while being careful of his bleeding side. 

"Well she does have motherly instincts mate."

"Will you stay with me little mate?" His eyes widen and his lips quiver. If only the pack could see their big bad beta now. I kiss his pouty lips and enjoy the sweet taste of him, his s delicious scent giving my nose a pleasant gift. 

"I have something to take care of first but you have my word my love." I kiss his nose and give him quick peck on both of his cheeks. After pulling the blanket over his badly bruised body, I step back. "Try to rest Aiden, you will heal faster." We look at each other in longing but I know that he needs to heal first.

It wasn't long before his eyes closed from sheer exhaustion. Zyren is starting to pace now I know there is something wrong. 'Hurry brother!'

I shift into my god form and break into a sprint. My large paws break ground as ny claws dig deep into the soil. The ground rumbles and shakes under my paws. I am sure it sounds like a stampede to the human ear.

Within minutes I manage to catch up to Zyren who is waiting at the pack borders. The blue swirls on his fur is now glowing--a telltale sign of a storm brewing. As I get closer to him my body grows warmer and my red markings grow brighter. 'What is going on brother, I am meant to be with my mate.'

'We must cross the border.'  

I snarl at his demand. Crossing the border is forbidden, only those with alpha permission is allowed to come and go. 'We cannot! This is against pack laws. I cannot disobey my alpha, he treats me with my due respect and I must do the same.'

'My god, this is it. The moment we have trained months for. They are here.'  Zyrens wolf bow down to me with his butt in the air and his head on his paws. His neck is bared to me in submission and I nod to acknowledge his obedience.

'Alpha, you may not understand this now but I ask as your god and my brother to trust me. Zyren and I must leave now, I am not sure when or if we will return but you must not follow us. This is our purpose but I ask that you take care of my sister and mate until I return.' I didn't wait for Xavier's response because he would do anything to try and stop us. Zyren just knew what my decision was, tears fell from my eyes but before I could change my mind, I stepped over the border followed by Zyren. 

Pain weakens us and bring us down to the ground with a loud thud. Our bond with the pack is breaking and every strand connecting us to every single pack member is breaking one by one. Zyren howls seeming to be in more pain then me, I lay my big head on his back as we comforted eachother. Three strings remained attached, Zyren, Aiden, and Star. My guardians remained by side once again. 

On the other hand, the weight on my body seemed to stay. 'We must go now brother, we're on our own now.' He stands and shakes his fur out as we prepare for the long journey ahead of us. I howl one final as does Zyren, our final goodbye and my heart yearns for my mate but I must make the woods safe for him and my little neice or nephew. 

'I will follow you to the ends of the earth my god.'

The woods ahead were dark and gloomy and not just metaphorically. A pack is always sunny and the grass is as green as they come, we care for our woods because this our second home. Rogues do not care about anything but themselves. As we walked away from our home, we heard howls of the pack, their way of wishing us good luck--a goodbye.

Hey beautiful people, I'm back! It's summer and the semester is over so in between my day job I will be finishing Spare me beta. To anyone who stuck by me and my slow updates, Thank you soooooooo much. I am aiming for three chapters a week and mostly likely there will be between 30 and 35 chapters. Don't forget to vote and be kind to everyone because you never know what people are going through. Love&Respect.