Chapter 29

I'm sorry for hurting you, I admit, I should have practiced more before taking control like a did and I was wrong. Please take me back, little mate, I'll do anything. You have every right to be upset with me. You practiced for months with your powers so you didn't lose control like I did and I will never stop admiring you as my hero. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me..

Your loving mate, Aiden.

"Come on Aiden, you got this. Don't be a wuss--just go in there and beg for another mans forgiveness." Goodbye dignity. I could hear my erratic heartbeat and the pulsing feeling sending shocks through my entire body. The pack all stood at the bottom of the stairs, supporting me from a distance. They all bore hopeful smiles and some had their fingers crossed with squinted eyes. 

I finally found the strength to knock when I heard a low voice from the other side of the door. Just hearing his voice makes my stomach turn with desire. "Just come in already Aiden." The pack snickers and I feel heat spread to my cheeks from embarrassment. The pack insisted on tagging along with me to get on my knees and beg for my mates forgiveness. It had been weeks since the incident and they believed that if there was an audience, he would be more lenient but if I knew my mate--I know that once his mind is made up, there is no swaying it.

I crossed my fingers toward the pack and mouthed 'wish me luck,' before entering his room and closing the door behind me. The sight before me makes me instantly swoon and my heart bursting with emotions. Brandy sat at his desk with his black rimmed square glasses on his face. He is buried deep in his textbooks with his forehead creased in concentration. There are a pair of loose shorts resting on his hips and his bare chest showing his beautiful markings. 

Against my better judgement, I take the final steps to my mate and carefully run my fingers down his back--trailing those dark red swirls that I always stare at for hours on end. Brandy stiffens then relaxes into my touch. I decide to take the gamble and lightly place kisses across his bare back. His markings light up from skin to skin contact and the feeling of pure ecstasy burns my lips to the touch. "Aiden what are you doing?"

"Apologizing?" My canines extend and scrape against my mark he bares. He chuffs and swivels his chair so he is facing me but instead of a sneer, he had a small smile on his face with his extended canines hanging from under his lip. "Funny cause you haven't said anything yet." He stares me down shamelessly with his hazel eyes and if I were to guess--he was trying to  undress me with his eyes. For a moment I was starting to feel like a bottom under his gaze. 

"Brandy I'm sor-" I barely could begin my long, very rehearsed apology when I was blasted through the door and crash into the wall. "Shit what the hell just happened." My body felt like I got hit by a ten ton bull and then some. The pack all stared with shocked gazes but none dared to get in the way of my mates wrath. He would incinerate them in a second. Artemis makes a bold move to help me when she suddenly backs away when a powerful aura surrounds us. 

A hand reaches to me and pulls me up. Brandy has a wide smile on his face, as if he didn't just blast through a door. I bow my head to him and prepare for my punishment but am surprised when he pushes me against a wall and takes my face in his hand then kisses me feverishly. Still too shocked to respond, he pulls away and tugs me in his arms. "Now we're even." 

I chuckled breathlessly and hug my mate to my side. "Whew you scared the shit out of me." The pack applauds and starts chanting for us to kiss. Brandy gives me a 'well' look and allows me to him into my arms and share a much desired kiss. Dominating him, I press him into me and enjoy how perfectly he fit into my arms. His sweet senses invade my nose bringing more than lust to life. Despite everything in me telling me to bite into my mark to reclaim him, I pull away from him to avoid giving the pack a free show. 

"I'm sorry mate. I will spend my entire life apologizing for it and I will never tire of it because you deserve the entire world--and if I could give it to you, I would." Tears well in his eyes but he smiles nonetheless and rest his head on my chest. 

"Thank you Aiden." I rest my chin on his head and enjoy his the intoxicating scent he emits. I hiss when his fingers graze the intense burns on my chest. He steps back and furrow his brows. "Does anyone have any water?" 

While most have left, the love obsessed wolves stayed behind to get their daily dose of love drama. "I do beta Brandy!" Raya tosses him a water bottle and he sets it on the ground. He goes silent as he focuses on the water and it slowly rises and lands on my chest. Minutes go by and the water is gone and my seared skin is healed entirely. 

"Woah." Artemis says. She stares in awe at the miracle she just witness then cheers. "I know we're not allowed to ask but can I see one of your powers." She gives my mate puppy eyes and in my heart, I know that they will never be anything more than friends but I find the jealousy burning in my stomach unsettling. Artemis has a soft spot in his heart and nothing I do will change that. 

He smiles secretly and nudges his head towards her. "Only Artemis." The rest of the pack groans and takes their leave. I see Apollo creepily trying to sneak his way to Brandy's room with us and I slap him on the back. "How slick do you think you are?" 

He sighs and stands up with a pouty face. "So slick, if I got stuck in a pipe, I'd just slide right out." I chuckle and let him in. "That was awful kid." I lock us in and take a seat on his bed as he tries to tame an excited Artemis whom is bouncing around like a kid in a pet store. 

Brandy sprinkles flowers in the air and the cheerful squeals of Artemis makes me smile. I stare at my mates friends who I have grown to love just as much as he does and smile in content. For a moment, the war that loomed over my mates head seemed to not even matter anymore but I knew that if I got too comfortable he would be snatched from me the moment my back was turned. 

And I was not going to let that happen.

UNEDITED