Chapter 25

'Hold'

He crouched lower behind the bush and awaited my command. It comes closer but not close enough for him to reach. 'Now,' he belly crawled closer and catches it in his mouth. The other makes a break for it when the first was caught, I leap into action and chase after the little fucker. I easily catch up to it and crush its feet under my paws. The rabbit squirms in my mouth but I clamp down on its neck, ending its suffering. I am the God of nature and I just killed the very thing I am meant to protect, never mind my animal instincts but I must eat.

I carry my rabbit back to Zyren where he is waiting with his. We sit in our little cave that we have called home for the last week and dig into our dinner. 'We must continue on tonight, there are more out there so we cannot stay in one place for too long.' Blood stains the fur around his mouth as we tear into the delicate skin of the rabbit. I finish and push the bones in a corner of the cave. 'I'm going to take a leak, watch my back.'

It was a bright and sunny day but the feeling in my gut said there was trouble on the way. Oddly my powers have teetered since we crossed, any sound makes a bolt of lighting shoot from my palm. Zyren and I have practiced our powers on each other since we no longer had access to the training facility. The new healing abilities we have is extraordinary, I can recover from Zyren's energy blast within ten minutes. I am very happy to say that I have mastered the abilities I have and so has Zyren, now we will be ready for the bastards.

I shake myself after and hear a russel close by. 'Be alert. They're here.' He is next to me in seconds as we shift in our human form together. A rumble is followed by over a dozen of the ugly shape-shifters barreling towards us. Their shark-like teeth are bared and with their extended talons, they look feral. It seems like they were created just to kill me, their strength was impeccable but nothing compared to mine.

I growl and launch myself at one. I try not to breath in the horrible stench and slash at its chest. My foot slams on its ribs and I grab the head and crack its neck. After checking to make sure Zyren is holding his own, I move to the neck. Lightning sparks from my fingers, placing my fingers on ones head. His skull caves in and what little brain he had explodes. "Ugh even your brain is ugly." I wipe the nastiness from my face and kick his headless body away from.

Suddenly a blast followed by a bright light sends them flying back. I grin sadistically at how many die from this, Zyren smirks as we plow through the rest of the bastards. Once they are all dead, I feel the tingle from using my powers burning the very hands that used them. "B we have to go now! There is a storm afar that you must settle. It is meant to sunny today--we cannot let that change."

"Alright lets go, I want to finish what we started so I can get back to my mate."

"Brandy do you really think they'll even let us back?" I chewed my lip while avoiding eye contact. How do I look my friend who trusts me with his life in the eye and say everything will be okay when the voice tells me that we are not meant to make it back alive. The only we will get through this is to stay together and have a little optimism.

"I'm sure of it Zy." He gives me a bright smile and walks closer so I can use my lightning ability to transport us where his wolf leads. I pull him into my side and wrap an arm around his waist. "Hold on kid." He gives me a teasing smile and hold on tighter.

"I'm three months older than you, y'know."

"But my muscles are bigger than yours."

Before he can respond with a snarky remark, I command my lightning to shoot us into a sky. Zyren is not a god so he cannot handle the strength that comes with my lightning blast. He passes out midair and I struggle to carry his weight and still transport us. I close my eyes and let my powers take us to where we need to be. I felt whole, completely at peace. Enjoying the feeling that comes with it, I let the wind bristle by but that feeling suddenly leaves as we land.