Chapter 2

Everyone got out the car with Brandy looking down in deep thought. His forehead creasing with nerves. I grab his shoulder comfortingly.

"Relax little one tonight is going to be very special."

"Alex why do I feel this strange attraction to him?"

He only replied with a clipped answer. "You'll find out soon enough." Sighing in frustration I cut off our link stepping out of the car where the party is in full swing. It is a little past ten and most people have already arrived. At midnight Brandy will shift and find his mate. Can't believe the kid is going to be sixteen. He looks grown up already almost as if he's in his twenties.

His muscles are already to die for. It's a wonder how he got them. When he arrived here at fourteen he had serious abs although not nearly as big as Xavier who was eighteen and an alpha.

     Shaking my head from the kid I walk into the party where a girl launches herself in my arms wrapping her legs around my waist. Easily carrying my friend I hand her over to Xavier who growled at me clutching his mate protectively.

   She slaps his chest playfully turning to me. "Thank you Aiden, B looks amazing." She leans up kissing my cheek. Xavier lowly growls to which I roll my eyes at him.

   I lean down to my Luna stomach and press my head against her growing belly. "How's my little niece or nephew doing today?" Star giggled cuddling into Xavier side.

   "They're being a little greedy today. I had to take six lunch breaks." Chuckling I whisper to them.

  "Take care of my best friend little one she eats enough on her own." She slaps my head playfully before stalking off.

Laughing I go to the snack table to gorge on all the food. Licking my lips I begin to dig in. Who knows how much food I had before I began to feel full. Around eleven the kids began going home and it was just the adults. Which meant the alcohol started rolling out. Brandy came to chill with me after mingling for a while.

We ended up playing beer pong with a couple of other guys and I was already gone in a haze of booze. At sixteen wolves are seen pretty much as adults when they shift. When midnight hit Luna star and alpha Xavier called Brandy on the stage with them.

I went to the front of the crowd as the full moon began to show from behind the dark clouds. "Brandy, warrior of the moonlight pack, tonight you will shift and find your mate. Now I know you have shifted before due to a certain circumstances but now you are not going into a forced shift. We wish the best of luck to you."

We all howled as he began to shift. Dark fur sprouting on his skin, a mixture of red and black spreading everywhere. His clothes ripping into shards on the stage. The painful cracking of his bones made me cringe at the thought of my friend hurt. He howled in pain, his teeth changing into pointier canines. His eye now turning a light green while his other eye was a golden color. He was the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen. Everyone stared at him in awe.

When he was done shifting he lay panting on the stage. His newly shifted body to exhausted to get up. Luna star and alpha Xavier reached to help up and show him how to stand on all fours.

"His shift was a success!" Alpha Xavier exclaimed through the mic. Cheers and congrats rang through the crowd. Alpha and Luna walked him through the crowd to help him adjust to his new body as well as help him find his mate. I jogged To catch up with them, as soon as I did the most intoxicating smell hit me.

Like caramel and strawberries. I couldn't help but groan at the smell. I began to sniff the air searching for the source of that delicious aroma. "Do you guys smell that?" Alpha and Luna look at me with knowing looks, their smirks matching each other's.