Chapter 14

"Your pathetic!"

Another hard blow to my gut makes me grunt in pain. Towering over my limp form, he smiles down sadistically. His canines dropping from his lip nearly slicing through my skin. The blood covered hand clamps down on my broken arm where he tugs, completely pulling it out of the socket. A painful howl surpasses. Silence. We are to far out to be heard by the pack.

"Pathetic pup! Your not good enough for beta female! You can't even defend yourself."

Rolling over on to my stomach, I spit up the blood pooling in my throat. "Your wrong Tee! The pack doesn't take their beta female being bullied kindly."

"Shut up fag!" Tee and his pathetic friends began to kick me once more with their claw expanded feet. Darkness clouds my vision but I refuse to let it. 

  Grabbing one of the boys leg, I kick him in the stomach with what remaining strength I have and see him fly back into a  tree. Tee growls, he takes another shot of wolfsbane and jabs it into my skin.

Howling one final time, darkness takes over. Just before I completely black out I see a chestnut colored wolf take the shot of wolfsbane directed to me. Zyren.

'Zyren. I'm sorry.'

                         ZYREN

                         ZYREN

Brandy, he's in trouble. In the middle of pack lunch I feel a troublesome tug in my core. A little whine leaves my mouth when I realize it's Brandy trying to reach me. The entire pack is in the dining hall, none seem to have felt it. Not even Beta Aiden. That's odd, shouldn't he have felt his mate bond diminishing.

   Deciding just to follow the tug in my core, I leap up. I whine when the tug becomes stronger. "Zyren is something wrong?" I ignore alpha Xavier and shift mid step.

  After sprinting out the door, I began to follow the tug that is tearing my core to shreds. As I get closer I hear a painful howl. The howl draws me to a stop. Upon recognizing the call, I began to sprint faster. Don't worry brother I'm coming.

   Following my gut, I come upon a clearing. The sights that greets me has my blood boiling. Tee and his demonic friends are hovering over an nearly dead Brandy.

  Just as Tee was going to stick a syringe of what looked like wolfsbane into his skin, I launched into a defensive pose in front of him and took the hit. The needle stabbed into my skin causing a low howl to sound from the excruciating pain the poison created.

Grabbing his extended hand in my mouth, I bite down satisfied with hearing the crunch of his bones. Tossing him aside, I growl at his friend Jeff and wait for him to make his move. He circles around me, finally he leaps at me with a knife and aim for my stomach. Just as the knife skins me, I clamp my jaws down on his neck. Not hard enough to kill him but enough to make him submit.