Chapter 17

"Good morning everyone, Your luna and I have called this emergency meeting to inform everyone on the circumstances with your beta female."  I shy into Aiden's side as the eyes of the pack fall onto me. 

"We were just informed that your beta female is the legendary god of nature." Loud murmurs sound around the pack followed by astounded faces. "Quiet everyone!" Alpha Xavier shouts.

Silence.

"Now before anyone goes running off to spread the word, you all must know that this must remain a secret inside the pack. If word gets out about this then your beta female and the entire pack is in danger. Your beta female will now say a few words to you."

  Alpha stands  aside to let me stand center stage. "Hello everyone. Thank you all for coming today. " I fidget with my fingers as I figure out a way to explain it to them. "Okay guys, there is no easy way to say this so I'm just going to tell you. I am the god of nature with three guardians. I will not disclose the names of those guardians but they are of very importance, as they prove their loyalty to me, they will unlock a new power.

The first guardian has already proved their loyalty and has unlocked a new power, this does not cause for alarm but this power can appear at any moment so for the time being, I need you to all distance yourselves from me. Thank you all for understanding in this sudden situation."

   A round of applause follows me off the stage. Alpha takes my place and he assures everyone that the situation is handled and warns the pack to keep quiet on this private matter. "I am obligated to tell you because I have a duty to you as alpha, but if anyone is to breath a word of this to anyone outside of the pack, you will be sentenced to death as is the person they told. Dismissed."

Gasps erupt from the pack followed by an uncomfortable silence. The death sentence is the cruelest punishment even for rouge wolves. Alpha Xavier has taken this matter very seriously for him to offer the death sentence as punishment. 

As wolves disperse, Star comes up and places her hand on my back. "Up for a swim baby brother?"

"Always."

I take her hand and lead her upstairs to their room so she can get dressed. Once I am sure that she is okay, I grab a pair of trunks for me and one for Aiden. Star meets me by the stairs and we walk down together.

The boys are talking together in the game room when we walk in. "Baby we are going to the lake for a swim, would you guys care to join us?" Xavier kissed Star on the cheek with a smile. My heart swoons at my sister and her mate.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world kitten."

Aiden grabs his hand in mine. "I brought trunks for you mate."

"Thank you little mate. Zyren, are you tagging along?" He chuckles and his enchanting green eyes catch mine where his jaw clenches. I quickly look away while shuffling closer to my mate. 

"Of course beta."

He runs upstairs and comes back down with a bag. "Well, what are you guys waiting for?" I chuckle and pat his back. We all go into the backyard where shift. After alpha xavier shifts, I lift up Star and place her on his back. Zyren's new fur shines and matches mines. He nudges my side and flicks his tail on my snout. I make a gurgled sound that mimics a human laugh.  There is a small growl from Aiden and he stands tall over Zyren. 

Zyren growls threateningly, before things can get out of hand, I stand in the middle of the two and roar loudly. They both whimper with their tail tucked between their legs. Even Xavier and Star bow their heads to me.

"That is enough out of both of you! Today we are going to have fun so stop with the dominance  issues!"  I mind-link the four of them. "You two are going to have to get along, you are guardians so act like it."

Aiden and Zyren stare each other down then Aiden walks away in the direction of the lake. I quickly catch up to my mate and walk side by side with him. He picks me up by my scruff making me whimper. I hear the others walking behind us and I could not help but feel a tiny bit embarrassed. "Just remember little one, I am daddy and I always get the last word."

"Yes mate..."

Once we arrived at the lake, he gently put me down and sat on top of me as we wait for the others. His tongue gently laps at my fur, cleaning it and brushing over the new marks on my fur.

"Your marks are amazing little mate." I nuzzle into his neck and sigh in content. Finally everyone arrives. Soon everyone is changed and diving into the lake. Aiden swoops me up and runs to the water. 

"Aiden let me down!" I laugh when suddenly I have a mouth of water. I grab his leg and drag him into the water with me.  We surface at the same time, both laughing. Star splashes me with a big wave and soon a full on water fight happened. 

As the day went on in the water, we took a break to eat. The day with my family was just the day I needed. Even Aiden and Zyren seemed to get along. We all watched as Star splashed around in the lake, when suddenly a gust of wind surged forward and swept her feet from under her. 

She screamed and tried to catch herself. "Xavier!" He ran towards the water but I was faster. I sprinted past him and dove into the water. 

I took in a big gasp of air and went under to look for my sister. "Guys I can't see her anymore!" They all jumped in the water to join the search for her. The wind picked up again and the clouds seem to darken.

"Brandy do something! I can't lose my mate and my pup." Despite the wind drowning our faces with water, you can see the tears on his face as clear as day. My heart beat wildly in my chest as I search for Star. 

My palms glow as I become more frantic to find her. 

"In due time child, you'll know when it comes." 

A force pushes me back, my back hitting a rock. I call out for Aiden but I am drowned out by the water flowing into my mouth. A sudden feeling overtakes, I feel my palms become warm and the light becomes brighter. Just as my eyelids began to close and the pain in my back becomes unbearable, the water stops moving. 

The lake parts and lifts a heavily pregnant star onto the grass. "Star!" Xavier runs to my unconscious sister. I get out of the water that has halted all movement and onto the grass. Once everyone is safe on the land, I let the water drop back onto the ground. The lake refills itself and the sky becomes clear again. 

They all look at me and my glowing hands. "How did you do that?" I cannot bring myself to meet my mates eyes and instead look away while chewing on on my lip. 

"I...don't know." 

Instead I choose to focus on Star who is still unconscious. I run to her and listen closely for a heartbeat. 

'Drain the water.'

Who said that?

'Drain the water.' 

My palm became warm again. Hovering my hand over her chest, I allowed my senses to take over. A smile rises to my face when I felt the water sloshing out of her lungs and into my palm. Seconds later she began coughing the water up where I catch it into a ball. The ball of water rest in the palm of my hand when it suddenly bursts and drenched me once again. 

"Baby brother, you saved my life!" Star squeezes me in a tight hug and only lets go when Xavier snatches her while mumbling about her health and the baby. 

I breathe a sigh of relief. "You are safe now." 

Hello beautiful people! @Chocolatebutterpie here, so Brandy, God of nature's first power has been revealed. How are we feeling? Stay tuned because this is just the beginning.