Chapter 21

There will be continuous change in POV's this chapter between Aiden and Brandy. Look for the bold/Italicized names so you don't get confused. It starts off In Aiden's POV. Enjoy beautiful people.

Everything in me yearned for the familiar sparks of my mate. There is a heavy pressure on my chest which makes every breath I take more painful than the next. As I try to take deep breaths, I hear a rapid beeping that makes my head hurt more. Somebody kill that thing!

The sound of papers ruffling followed by a soft moan makes my body jerk. At this I hear the ruffling stop and a soft almost feather like touches my hand. The immediate sparks lets me know that it's my mate. "Aiden?"

His voice sounds sad, he squeezes my hand gently and I focus all my energy into squeezing it back. I'm here little one. Almost as if he hears my thoughts he gasps and squeezes my hand again. Cold sweeps on my hand suddenly and I soon hear retreating footsteps as he runs out of the room and I instantly miss the warmth he brought.

"Doctor! He's moving!" Darkness floats behind my eyes and I want to cry when I cannot open them. "Aiden if you can hear me, try to open your eyes."

Brandy

His eyes flutter but they remain closed, I pressed my forehead against his in a comforting way. "Please try again for me please."

I stepped back with a heavy feeling on my shoulder as I await the next few seconds which feels like an eternity. Just as I was beginning to believe that his first movements was figment of my imagination, his eyes finally opened. The enchanting swirl in his eyes draw an excited yelp from me, a surge of energy burst through me and a giant icicle flies out of my palm.

The doctor ducks as the icicle goes flying towards his head. He raises a brow and I give him a sheepish smile in return. "Sorry Martin." He only chuckles in return, we both turn around gaze to Aiden who stares at the bright lights with glassy eyes.

"How are you feeling mate?" He groans and smacks his tongue as he tried to talk. I rushed to get the water as the doctor checks his vitals. While helping him drink, Doctor martin and I slowly lift him up so he can breathe without the tube. Once the tube was out, he gave me a brilliant smile.

"Hello little mate, did ya miss me?" His cheeky smile makes my stomach jump. He pulls me in for a quick kiss which does not last long because the doctor was still in the room. "More than you know my love." Aiden nuzzles my neck, I sigh in relief. The pain in my chest becomes more and more bearable.

"As much as I ship you beta and beta female, I need to make sure Beta Aiden vocal cords have not been damaged." Doctor martin says with a chuckle. Looking at the nasty bruise Zyren left on Aiden's neck make my blood boil all over again. My fist clenched at my side and I know my wolf has surfaced.

The gentle grabbing of my hand by my mate calms me instantly. He looked at me with worried eyes but give me a reassuring smile nonetheless. "Now I see here that there is scarred tissue on the neck with some inflammation. There does seem to be little damage to your vocal cords which shouldn't be long term. But to be safe, you will need to rest your voice for two to three days and take this pills every night before bed. I will run one final test and he will be all yours beta Brandy."

He laughs when a smile appears at this.

Time to go home.

'I missed you little mate.'

Tucking Aiden in, I curled up next to him as relish in the comfort from my mate. "Not more than I miss you." I get up and take his now empty glass and hover my hand over it. Smirking at Aiden who shakes his head 'no' at me, I conjure up water from the tap and watch it slowly fill up the empty cup. I hand the cup to my mate with a triumphant grin.

'Taking advantage of your godly powers I see, don't make me punish you little mate.'

He teased. Pulling me on top of him, I straddle him. His hands gripped my waist as he hungrily stared down my body, I can feel my stomach jumping from the lustful look in his eyes.

I trailed my hands down his jaw and to his throat where there is a dark bruise. My fist clenched in anger, my claws digging into my palms and drawing blood.

A hand wraps around my enclosed fist, pulling my claws out of my skin. "Shit." Aiden flicks my forehead.

'Watch your language.'

He sits up with me and set me on my feet. In the bathroom, he cleans my wound so it can heal. 'You need to let it go little mate, being angry won't solve anything.'

"But he hurt you mate, I can't just let that go." Aiden offers me a soft smile. It was obvious he was in pain but he still flashed me a dazzling grin. 

'You can and you will. For me'  Dam you Aiden and those beautiful eyes of yours. I couldn't deny the request of my mate, not even when he gives me that lustful look of his.

"For you my love."

Okay I'm just going to start off by apologizing. I am so so so soooooooo sorry for going AWOL. I have just been so busy with college and a newborn nephew, things have been very chaotic. This chapter may be very choppy so bear with me! Love&Respect Chocolatebutterpie