56

It's a long one

...

Amelia

The world stops turning when my eyes land on the sight in front of me. I can't hear anything or feel anything besides the dull pain radiating through my heart and chest. I vaguely see Harry stand up off the bed and rush towards me, frantically trying to speak to me but I turn on my heel and walk back to the living room, dropping my shoes in the process.

"Amelia!" Harry yells, running after me. He grabs my hand in his from behind and turns me towards him but I rip it out of his grip.

"Don't touch me!" I say in a panic, the reality of what's happening crashing down around me.

Harry lied to me. He knows Lauren. How long have they know each other for? Is he cheating on me with her? He wouldn't do that, would he?

Lauren appears behind Harry and I feel my blood boil from looking at her. She gives me a concerned, and sympathetic look, but I turn away and lock eyes with my boyfriend, who looks like he's about to shit himself.

"I'm going to leave," she stammers.

Neither Harry nor I answer her. We just continue to stare at each other while she practically runs to the elevator.

"Please let me explain," Harry softly begs me as soon as the elevator doors close.

"Are you cheating on me?" I bluntly ask him, my eyes glossing over.

Harry shakes his head, his unruly curls bouncing as he does.

"No, baby. I would never cheat on you," he tells me. "I know it looks bad - "

"Looks bad?" I repeat to Harry, my voice raising a decibel. "Harry, it is bad! I just walked in on you with another woman, one whom you told me you didn't know!"

"I know, I know! But I wasn't cheating! Please, you know I would never do that," Harry pleads. I turn away from him and walk to the large window, over looking Manhattan. A tear falls from my eye and I hastily wipe it away with the back of my sleeve. "You do know that, right?"

Do I? I thought I did until I walked in on him with someone else. Now I don't know what to think. My thoughts are so fuzzy and confused. I feel like I might explode or have a nervous breakdown.

"I don't know," I admit, quietly. I turn back around and see Harry looking at me with a devastated look on his face. Tears brim his eyes, threatening to fall like mine. "I didn't think you would but that doesn't erase the fact that you lied to me about knowing Lauren. What else am I supposed to think? Did you know her when I asked you about her?"

Harry averts his eyes from mine and nods, causing my chest to constrict.

"Yes," he whispers.

Him admitting that is enough to make me start crying. My shoulders begin shaking as the tears freely flow out of my eyes, rolling down my cheeks. Harry takes a step forward but I hold my hand up, not wanting him near me right now.

"Amelia, I didn't cheat on you, love. I would never sleep with someone else. I love you more than anything," Harry desperately tells me, his voice slightly cracking. "I met Lauren a little while ago, and yes, I messaged her on Instagram, like the magazine said. But it wasn't because we were having an affair. I have no idea how that information got out but the media skewed it majorly," Harry sighs before continuing. "I wanted to surprise you with something. Lauren was helping me put it all together,"

I messily wipe my cheeks with my hands, surely spreading my makeup all over my face but I just don't care right now.

"But you still lied to me," I tell him. "You didn't have to lie about not knowing Lauren. You could have told me that you knew her. I would have believed you weren't cheating. I would have trusted you,"