Ch 12

Two Weeks Later...

(Y/n)'s Pov

"I fucking hate the Grand Line!" We had only been in the Grand Line for a few weeks now but I was already sick and tired of it. "Language (Y/n)... The storm should pass by us soon. Would you like to sit beside me?" My eyes shifted over to Hawkins who was reading a book at his desk completely unaffected by the rocking of the ship. "Noooo, Hawkins you have to come over here and keep me safe from the terrible weather"

"If you insist (Y/n)" As the man walked over to me, I scooted over so he could lay down beside me. "Our birthday is coming up Hawkins~ Do you have anything special planned?" Even though Hawkins wasn't the most emotional person in the world he still allowed me to cuddle up next to him. "It's just another day (Y/n). The crew might put something together for you but I do not celebrate my birthday"

"Well, you're celebrating your birthday this year with me and every year from now on. I already made you a present to Hawkins~" He looked over at me for a moment by the man never said a word so I rested my head against his chest as the sound of his heartbeat filled my ears. "You made me a present (Y/n)?... We'll reach the first island by tomorrow morning but for now, you may rest" It was already late into the night and I knew my body needed the rest though the storm outside was keeping me up. "Yawn. I don't recall needing permission to sleep Hawkins... Will you be getting some sleep as well?"

"In due time. I'll keep watch while you sleep but once the storm passes, I'll retire for the night" Having Hawkins next to me always made my nights peaceful though I still didn't know why he kept me around. We weren't dating or anything but at times our relationship seemed like it was more than just friends. "Hey, Hawkins... Why do you allow me to stay in here with you? I mean it's not like we're anything more than friends, right?"

"Our relationship is unclear at the moment (Y/n) though in the near future it will make more sense to you. Try and get some rest my dear" I was becoming annoyed with the man's cryptic answers but didn't reply to him as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

Hawkins' Pov

The Next Day...

"Have you found out how long the log pose takes to set on this island Faust?" We had docked at the first island of the Grand Line and (Y/n) thankfully hadn't caused any trouble today but I knew something was bound to occur sooner or later. "It'll only take three hours (Y/n)" I didn't allow the girl to travel inland but she appeared to be fine with the decision. "Oh, Faust did you know that me and Hawkins share a birthday? This year needs to be extra special since Captain Buzzkill told me he doesn't celebrate it"

"We can hold a party for you (Y/n) but the Captain doesn't like his birthday... He's never once celebrated it during our time as a crew" When (Y/n) turned to look at me the girl stuck her little pink tongue out before she began to speak. "You'll celebrate your birthday with me, right Hawky? It won't be the same without you"

"If you insist (Y/n)" As much as I wanted to deny the girl's request, I couldn't bear to tell her 'no' when she smiled at me like that. "See Faust he's going to celebrate with me this year... Oh, Hawkins, you said you'd get me some craft supplies can we go onto the island and look for some?" I had almost forgotten that the girl wanted some items for her arts and crafts but we hadn't been to a suitable island with shops in a while. "You are to remain at my side the whole time (Y/n). We do not know if this island has any hidden dangers on it and you have a talent for attracting trouble"

"I do not!" Walking up to the girl I grabbed her hand before we started heading onto the island. "You don't need to hold my hand Hawkins" I was not going to let (Y/n) out of my sight for a single moment since if I did the likelihood of her wandering off was high. "Calm down my dear. We won't be long and this island is crowded. So, I need to provide you with adequate protection"

"Fine whatever"

~~~~~~~

10 Minutes Later...

(Y/n)'s Pov

"Here we are (Y/n)... Ladies first" When Hawkins held the door open I couldn't help but blush as I walked past him. "Thanks, Hawkins" Looking around the small store I could see plenty of craft supplies but since Hawkins was still holding my hand, I needed to look back at the man to get him to let go. "I'll wait right here (Y/n) pick out whatever you'd like" Smiling up at him I headed to the back of the shop while I looked over all of my options.

I selected some coloring books, markers, pencil crayons, and a few other things but someone with bright red hair caught my eye. Though as I continued to stare at him, he must have noticed since when they looked up, I could see such hatred within his eyes. "What the fuck are you staring at bitch?" My eyes started to widen as I backed away from him but as I did the tears started to form. "I-I'm s-sorry. Y-You just looked familiar is all" Clearly this man had a short temper so maybe it was best to leave this store before something bad happened.

"Tsk. You don't know who I am girl?... Hm, your (Y/n) aren't you?" Oh great, did everyone see my bounty poster already and know who I was? "That's me... Who are you?" He still looked angry but maybe that was due to the fact the guy didn't have any eyebrows. "Eustass Kidd" I had no idea who that was so shrugged my shoulders as someone placed their arm around me. "Is this man bothering you (Y/n)?"

"No, he's not. Can we leave now Hawkins?" Since the log pose was going to set in a few hours I knew it was best to return to the ship as soon as possible. "Kidd, did you find that drafting paper you were looking for?" As a deep voice filled my ears, I could see someone else had walked over to us. "Come along (Y/n) before you attract any other Pirates" Handing my items over to Hawkins I offered Kidd a small wave before I started walking away. "Bye Kidd. Oh, and be careful on your journey. There's a certain weirdo sailing these seas who likes to steal organs"

"Does this weirdo have a name?"

"Trafalgar Law" Finally turning away from the man I joined Hawkins at the counter as he paid for my purchases. "(Y/n) that Pirate is dangerous don't speak to him again. His bounty is the highest among the rookies and he's known for committing mass murders on the islands he visits" That was concerning information but I tried to ignore what he said as we headed out of the store hand in hand. "Why do the dangerous Pirates always seem to find me?"

"Basil Hawkins don't move!" My hands flew up as I took in the large gathering of Marines but when Hawkins handed me the shopping bag, I looked over at him. "Don't surrender (Y/n)... I'll deal with this small annoyance"

~~~~~~~

Five Minutes Later...

"Shall we return to the ship (Y/n)?" Hawkins has made quick work on the Marines and now stood in front of me which his head stretched out waiting for me to take it. Though I didn't want to walk back to the ship. "Give me a piggyback ride Hawkins. I don't wish to walk anywhere" I didn't think the man would give into my childish demand but surprisingly he bent down so I could climb onto his back. "Let's go home (Y/n)"

"Awe, you're the best Hawkins!" As my body connected with his Hawkins didn't falter but he did support my behind with his forearms so I wouldn't fall. "Try not to move around too much (Y/n) I don't want to drop you" With my arms wrapped around his neck I looked back at the carnage caused by Hawkins through I didn't mind since he did it to protect me. He was always there to keep me safe but maybe I wanted more from the man. "Hey, Hawkins?"

"Yes, (Y/n)?" It took me a minute to find my words but once I did, they flowed from my mouth without hesitation. "I want you to be my boyfriend" The moment that sentence spilled from my lips Hawkins stopped walking. "Hm?... If that is what you desire (Y/n) then I'll be your partner" It was probably the closest thing I was going to get to a 'yes' so I allowed my smile to widen as the man began to move. "When we get back to the ship, I want to have a nap"

"Of course (Y/n)"

~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 12