Ch 22

Hawkins' Pov

"So, you're Basil Hawkins?" My eyes never left the cards as I replied to the female that decided to approach. She must have exited a nearby shop though her presence wasn't something I picked up on until she had spoken. "I am that man. Who are you?" As I waited for her reply another card was placed against my straw before I allowed them all to return to the deck. There was no point to continue this since (Y/n)'s fate was unreadable as always. "My name is Cadence and your bride is currently in my shop. She wishes to know if wearing a black wedding dress is allowed"

It was unusual that (Y/n) would ask for my option on such a topic although that girl had a habit of surprising me each day so maybe this should have been expected. "My bride is free to select any dress that she desires to wear on our wedding day"

"Hm, she's a lucky lady to have someone like you... I'll make sure this appointment doesn't take much longer. Thank you, Hawkins you'll make her, very happy though a word of warning... Don't wait for the log pose to set after your wedding is over. I can give you an eternal pose to a little honeymoon spot just a few days short of Sabaody but this island isn't very kind to outsiders" That was unfortunate news though the cards had already foretold of danger present here. "Very well I'll make the preparations to leave tomorrow just before nightfall. Also, I know who you are Cadence"

"Oh, you recognize me? Hehhehheh. I'd be careful on these seas from now on Spicerack there not kind and will destroy you with a single wave. Good luck with your marriage! (Y/n) seems to paint you like a hell of a lover though to each their own I suppose! Hehheheheh" I would need to have a conversation with (Y/n) later about sharing our personal information with strangers but I highly doubt she would listen to me. "You're pretty bland Hawkins... I'll ensure (Y/n) doesn't take too much longer. I look forward to attending your wedding"

Before the girl could return to her small dress shop, I replied to her bold claim about attending the ceremony. "Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall inviting the likes of you" Her feet never stopped though as she turned, I could see there was a grin on her lips. "(Y/n) asked me to attend and I know you worship the ground below her feet so it's best not to upset her Hawky~ Hehehehe"

"Hey! No one other than me is allowed to call Hawkins that!"

(Y/n)'s Pov

I had gotten tired of waiting for Cadence to talk with my Hawky so I decided to check on them but I didn't expect to hear her call him that nickname. "What is that in your hand (Y/n)?" When my adorable Hawkins made eye contact with me, he must have seen the glass though I moved it out of sight before replying. "Nothing. What are you doing Cadence? You were supposed to talk with my man about the dress not try and flirt with him"

"Don't worry this male is not my type. I prefer those who show a little more emotion and passion" As the lady started to walk back to her shop, I noticed Hawkins had gotten up from his spot and he didn't look pleased with me. "(Y/n) what is that item behind your back?" Running away from him wouldn't end well but also showing him the drink didn't sound very smart either. "I-It's just a glass of w-water"

"You're causing chaos again my bride. If that glass is only filled with water, then allow me to taste it" I'm not sure why I was such a moron but the words had already left my lips before I could stop myself. "No! It's mine get your own Hawkins!" Turning towards the shop I hoped to make a quick escape but my scarecrow had other plans for me. "I'll ask you once more (Y/n). Please allow me to taste your drink"

"It's not water! Cadence gave me some champagne to calm my nerves! Let me go Hawkins you're being a bully!" Eventually, Hawkins did release me for his hold but at the same time, he stole my drink. "You are not to consume alcohol this early in the afternoon (Y/n)" Oh well Hawkins could have that glass since I'd just another one inside and drink myself stupid. "Should you consume another drop of alcohol inside that building there will be no wedding cake. Do I make myself clear (Y/n)?"