Ch 21

(Y/n)'s Pov

A few days have passed since the bounty accident and I was no longer mad at the male beside me though I still felt annoyed that he dragged me out of bed this damn early in the morning. "This island is beautiful. Did you find a venue for our wedding to take place at Hawkins?" There was no real point to fight with him at the moment and since he hasn't embarrassed me yet I would remain calm. "Yes, the crew has decided that a cliffside wedding would be suitable. Do you wish to wear a dress, my dear?"

When Hawkins brought up the topic of wearing a dress, I stopped walking since I wasn't sure how to respond. I never really imagine myself even getting married and even as a child that just wasn't something I dreamed would happen in my lifetime. "You'd look lovely in a gown (Y/n) although the choice is yours to make. Come along my bride there's much to complete before day's end" I knew that Hawkins had mentioned we still needed to purchase wedding bands but I didn't see why we couldn't just use our engagement rings. "Can we go look at wedding dresses first?"

"If that is what you desire my dear" Letting my free hand slip into Hawkins' left we continued on our way until my eyes locked on a cute little dress boutique. "Oh, there's a shop over there. Come on Hawky~" This man usually did everything that I wanted but when I felt some resistance from him, I looked back to see what was wrong. "It's bad luck to see a bride in her dress before the wedding, my dear. Coraline and Faust will accompany you in my absence" I had almost forgotten that a few members of the crew were following behind us. Though at the mention of his name Faust started to walk forward with Coraline holding tightly onto his hand.

"Is there a budget Captain Hawkins?" Did this Mink not realize by now that Hawkins could never put a price on his love towards me. "No, she may decide on any dress regardless of the price. I'll wait outside should you require my assistance. (Y/n) please refrain from causing unnecessary chaos" At times I truly believed that Hawkins had no faith that I could be a civil person for more than two seconds. "Yes, Captain I'll be good~ Hehehe. I want a kiss on the lips before you leave"

Hawkins' eyes narrowed slightly at the request though he still leaned down to press his lips to mine for a few seconds. When he parted I knew there was a dark blush on my face but I tried to ignore it as I felt a hand brush against my cheek. "Are you satisfied, my dear?" This moment would be more romantic if Hawkins was smiling though his frown held such charm within it. "I love you, Hawkins~" Bringing him into a hug I held him tightly while he remained perfectly still but when someone coughed behind me, I turned towards the noise.

"What do you want? You're interrupting my cute moment with Hawkins" It turned out the interrupter was only Coraline though the girl had this bright blush spreading across her face that made me laugh a little bit. "D-Don't you think we should go look at these dresses now (Y/n)?" Separating myself from the man I started to follow behind the pair though I spun around real quick so I could blow a kiss to Hawkins. "Don't run away now my fiancé~ You're mine forever~"

"You two are such a weird couple" Wrapping an arm around the girl's neck I started to whisper into her ear before I pulled away and ran into the store. "What did the Vice-Captain say, Coraline?" I didn't stick around to hear her repeat what I had said though this store was not something I was used to. "Hello~ May I help you find a dress, Miss?" There were so many options that I really didn't know where to start and the lady clearly saw my struggle. "Let's get you measured then we'll try on a few different styles"

"Alright, that sounds good" Hawkins probably wasn't expecting much from me but I was going to surprise that man at least once and why not get a reaction out of him by having an excellent wedding gown. "Your fiancé Basil Hawkins has a noble style to him. Are we trying to match him at this wedding?" Damn the papers really needed to stop talking about me since shit like this kept happening and I was growing sick of it. "Are you going to sell us out to the Marines? I'd prefer if they didn't have the opportunity to ruin my wedding"