Chapter 4: Adrian

Honey Harper had annoyed the hell out of him while Nightmare was gone. Talking about life in the tunnels, how bored she was, her bees, how she hated his fathers, her wasps, how proud she was of Nightmare...

Adrian was impressed that someone could say that much during the twenty minute time period in which Nightmare had gone.

"Here's what's going to happen," the girl said. Pacing back and forth. "You are going to get one of your fathers contacts up, and I'm going to call them. They're going to bring me Ace Anarchy's helmet. If they don't, you die. And I'll still get the helmet."

"You're insane," Adrian told her.

She laughed. "Maybe I'm just willing to go to desperate measures to get what I want."

"And what is it you want?" Adrian asked.

"Vengeance," she said viciously.

"Why? Why do you want revenge?" He was getting seriously concerned for Nightmare. Her words held a burning hatred, but also a deep sadness, grief from something that had happened long ago.

Nightmare thrust the wristband at him. "Find the contact," she commanded, then resumed her anxious pacing.

He found the contact, and quickly sent a message.

'Bring reinforcements. No helmet. Don't respond'

Adrian deleted the message so Nightmare wouldn't see it. "Here."

Nightmare pressed the call button. He heard it connect.

"Adrian! What is it? Are you okay? Your team said-" Hughs voices cut off in shock. "Nightmare?"

"Hello, Captain. Don't worry, Adrian is fine... for now."

Simon's voice came from the band. "What do you want, Nightmare?"

"Bring me Ace Anarchy's helmet. I'll release Sketch. If you don't, I'll kill him."

"Don't. You. Dare," Hugh growled.

Adrian heard a click. Nightmare was aiming her gun at him.

"Fine, fine!" Simon said hastily. "We'll bring the damn helmet!"

"Marvelous. I'll be at the empty warehouse on Dream Street. One hour, or he dies."

Nightmare ended the call and took a deep breath.

"Phase one. Complete."

(authors note: HI SINCE THE CHAPTERS ARE SHORT ILL JUST PUBLISH 2 A DAY! also pls vote and comment and follow me and check out my other original story shapeshifter i work really hard on it.)