Chapter 7: Adrian

Adrians heart soared as Hugh walked in. Along with Thunderbird, Tsunami, Blacklight, Ruby, Oscar, and Danna. Simon was probably invisible. Nightmare was standing still, anger emanating from her. "You didn't bring the helmet," she growled. "I had one request. And you didn't follow through with it. You will regret this."

    "Will we though?" Simon's voice came from right behind her. He became visible, and grabbed her arms, forcing them behind her back.

Nightmare snarled and dropped to the ground, wrenching herself free. She reached for the gun on her utility belt, but before she could do anything, Ruby's grappling hook came out of nowhere and snatched the gun away.

Nightmare let out a scream of frustration. Danna ran over to Adrian and cut him free. "She didn't hurt you, did she?"

He shook his head. "No. The only harm that I experienced was sitting in a room with Queen Bee for twenty minutes. She talks a lot."

"Queen Bee?" Danna gasped.

"Nightmare left to get my wristband. Queen Bee was helping her. She kept on going on and on about her bees and wasps and 'little Nightmare'."

He glanced over at the fight. Nightmare rolled to the ground as Thunderbird swung her hand in for a punch.

The girl ran to the wall of the warehouse and started climbing. Her gloves, Adrian guessed. She disappeared into the ceiling up above.

Blacklight shot a burst of lights that illuminated the girl clutching at the top wall. She started to climb for the small window at the top of the building.

"Smokescreen, now!" Hugh commanded.