016

Qingqing did not visit anytime soon as Parker had gotten well the next day itself.

Not that Kitty wasn't thankful for the peace.

Don't get her wrong, she did like the kid. It was her mates she didn't like.

One had no sense of what to say

And, other looked at her like he'd kill her for being even a feet near Qingqing.

For her, both her mates were overwhelming, frustrating and plain annoying.

Anyways, since Qingqing didn't come, Kitty decided to utilise her days to do something better.

Like right now, she was making a plan on how to make a mattress because her modern self couldn't handle sleeping on the ground and was already facing back pains.

Kuddos to our ancestors who slept on the ground and had perfect postures.

* Do People here use mattresses? " she asked

" What's a mattress? " Both Eros and Winston asked

" It's like a soft place you sleep on "

" Most females use cotton on top of hay to make it more comfortable " Winston told her

" Well, I don't have much cotton. Is there an alternative? "

" There's this wild grass, it becomes super soft after drying " Eros said

" Can we go get it ? " She pleaded as Eros nodded

Eros and Kitty set out to get some of those grass while Winston went out to hunt.

Along the way, Kitty kept adding fruits and little plants inside the basket Qingqing had given her as a thank you.

She was really thankful since she had no clue on how to weave a basket. She had asked Eros to collect bamboo and was learning to weave it, but still wasn't very perfect.

" Look, that's the grass " Eros pointed to the vast stretches of purple shaded grass.

Kitty pulled one to smell it and was enchanted by how heavenly it smelled

" What are these grasses called? "

" They don't have a name "

Kitty nooded and smelled the grass again, she thought it smelled a lot like a hybrid between a lavender and jasmine.

" Let's get some home "

Kitty told Eros who slashed five bundles of grass and walked with Kitty back home.

Kitty stitched two big animal hides together that were big enough to fit all three of them for the mattress. She also stitched few pillows and stuffed them all with the grass that was left to dry for two days

She place the mattress on the bamboo mat she had made with the help of Eros and grinned at her creation.

Not being able to hold back, she jumped on the mattress and sighed in content.

" I'm never complaining about soft mattress ever again "

This past few days, Kitty's house has gone through a glow up.

Her house had curtains and  flower pots everywhere.

A small table in the living room for eating.

Many kitchen utensils and a stone stove she had Winston make in the Garden.

She had tried to make a Potter's wheel and she daresay she succeed?  

And since then, she spent most of her time either making pots, pans and other stuffs or she made a net out of the bamboo.

And she was also very frustrated. Kitty could make mats and nets out of bamboo but not baskets. Everytime she tried to shape it, it always came out flat and Kitty had given up on weaving a basket.

Now, she was busy making a net big enough to cover her entire house. Not that her house was very big.

It looked small from the outside, but her house was extended underground which would be very helpful during winters.

And the net she was making was sturdy enough to hold her weight.

She thought that if she could shape the bamboo net over her house, when it snows, it would be collected on the top, and act as an insulator, like an igloo

This plan had many flaws but there was no harm in trying it. It the net couldn't hold the weight, the snow will fall down as it was was supposed to.

Now that the winter was only a weeks away, the family of three had also started gathering food and preserving it under Kitty's instructions.

They had bought a few more jars of salt and pickled most of the vegetables, fruits were turned into jams and most of the meat was smoked and dried.

They were still collecting herbs and a few plants that would survive winter.

While it was true that her house had undergone a glow up, Kitty had made sure to not make anything to difficult to move.

Yes, she was planning to move out of The best city after winter ended.

kitty thought that if she was sent here for revolution. Staying here would be of no help, if two transmigrators stay together then only a specific area would be revolutionized. But what about the other places that exist here? She wouldn't want them to stay behind and allow a possible colonisation.

So, she decided to move places, teach them what she knew and help them grow.

She really wanted to travel overseas, possibly to another continent.

But she would have to talk to her mates for that.

And she was sure they wouldn't say no.