053

The sun beat down on the endless sea of sand, the relentless heat blurring the horizon. A mirage shimmered in the distance, teasing the senses with the promise of water and shade.

Mitchell's feet sunk into the soft sand with each step, the grains clinging to the colt and weighing him down.

The air was thick and dry, making it hard to breathe. The sun burned Kitty's skin, leaving it red and parched. She wiped the sweat from her brow and lifted her bamboo battle to take a sip of the warm water. It was the only relief she had from the relentless heat. She looked up at the sky, hoping to spot a cloud, but it was a deep blue canvas with no sign of rain.

As Mitchell walked, the sand shifted beneath his feet, creating a low, constant rumble. It was like a whisper, reminding Kitty that the desert was alive, and it would not be tamed.

The sound enveloped them, and she felt like Mitchell was walking on a bed of rumbling stones. She closed her eyes and listened to the symphony of sand, imagining that each grain had its own unique sound. It was her only distraction from the harsh environment.

The smell of the desert was subtle, yet distinct. It was a mixture of dust, sun-baked rocks, and dry earth.

Kitty felt Qingqing's hand tighten around her arm. Curious, she stretched her neck to see what the girl was pointing at.

It was sand alright. But, the sand moved. Like a hurricane but much weirder.

Kitty thought Mitchell would stop at the abnormality of sight but he didn't. As normal as it may have been for him, it was something from a fantasy book, she didn't think would be real.

"Are we going inside it?"

Kitty felt Mitchell's finger on her thigh. Concealed disgust threatened to creep on her face "yes" He replied monotonously

And he jumped into the moving sand followed by Qingqing's screech.

Kitty's heart was pounding as she stumbled through the underground city. The scorching heat of the desert above was quickly replaced by the cool, damp air of the underworld. The walls were made of layered rocks, creating a labyrinth of caves and tunnels.

As they ventured deeper into the desert, she couldn't help but notice the stark contrast in temperature. The scorching heat that she had anticipated had gradually turned into a cool, almost bone-chilling coldness. It was as if she was entering a different world altogether.

It was an archaeologist's dream

But a woman's worst nightmare

The sound of screams and cries. The cries were coming from within the many caves, and they were filled with fear and pain. Kitty's heart raced as she tried to determine the source of the screams. And then she heard it - the sound of men shouting and laughing.

A shiver ran down her spine as she realized the gravity of the situation. These were not just any screams - they were the cries of women being violated. She didn't need to see to know that the women were being held captive and violated by their captors.

Kitty felt her heart racing and her breathing getting faster and more erratic. She clenched her fists, trying to focus on anything but the overwhelming feelings of anxiety and fear that were flooding her entire body.

She could feel the sweat beading on her forehead and her vision starting to blur. She tried to take deep breaths, but it felt like the air was getting thinner and thinner. Her thoughts raced as she tried to keep them under control, but they seemed to be spinning out of control.

Kitty could hear her own heartbeat in her ears, booming like a drum. She felt like she was going to pass out, like her body was going to give up on her at any moment. The sound of her own breath was almost suffocating, each inhale and exhale getting harder and harder.

She closed her eyes, hoping to shut out the chaos and find some sense of calm. But even in the darkness, her mind was racing, her thoughts becoming louder and more chaotic.

Kitty's heart felt like it was being squeezed in a vice, the pressure building up with each passing second. She could feel tears starting to form in her eyes, a physical manifestation of the emotional turmoil she was feeling.

She desperately wanted to call out for help, to have someone comfort her and make the panic go away. But she couldn't find her voice, as if her vocal cords were paralyzed along with the rest of her body.

The world began to feel smaller and smaller, as if the walls were closing in on her. She tried to focus on her surroundings, but everything seemed distorted, like she was looking through a funhouse mirror.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the panic started to subside. Kitty's breaths became slower and more controlled, and her muscles started to relax. But the exhaustion and vulnerability remained, leaving her weak and drained.

She noticed the pair of arms wrapped around her neck and the damp hotness on her shoulder. Kitty tried her best to pat Qingqing on her back all the while calming herself.

That's when she noticed the darkness that surrounded them. If not for her ability to somehow see in the dark, Kitty doubted she'd even be able to see Qingqing.

Kitty's stomach rumbled, having not eaten anything for the past two days. She caressed her belly, something she hadn't been able to do in front of Mitchell.

'I'll kill them inside you' he had said

And it was enough for Kitty to never underestimate the beast