044

Three months in the sheep village and everyone from the leopard tribe had very well understood that they have already stayed past their welcome. Those subtle sings of them purposely avoiding the guests, hampering with the resources, setting restrictions on their boundaries. It was very obvious - if they thought they weren't.

Some beasts had already left to find new places to stay, after the news of the beast city being totally destroyed, others weren't so keen on living near the beast city at all.

Kitty simply didn't care, she wasn't ignored like other beasts, mostly because she was pregnant. But still, she wanted to leave - preferably somewhere with a tropical climate. The sheep village was too dry for her, her skin had gotten itchy and flakey.

Kitty watched fascinatied as she carefully tied a strand of wool to the whorl of the spindle and began to quickly spin the spindle with her hand. As she turned the spindle, the wool tightened around the whorl, creating a loop of yarn. She continued this motion, producing more yarn with each pass. The makeshift drop spindle, she had made Shuu, Eros and Winston make, allowed her to create a ball of yarn without the use of any metal tools, a testament to its effectiveness.

She had simply suggested how a drop spindle would be great to make yarn balls and then knit them to make sweaters, she didn't really expect them to make one just by asking her how it looks and works.

Eros, Shuu and Winston were determined to create a makeshift drop spindle despite their lack of resources. She couldn't exactly stop them when they looked so adorable trying to figure out how it'd all work together. Eros and Shuu constructed the body of the spindle using wood, leaves, vines and stones, while Winston fashioned the whorl out of clay. They had Kitty draw several parts on the ground, detailing them while even drawing new ideas on the ground alongside Kitty's.

Shuu was the most creative, he had an eye on exactly how to substitute materials and bring it to their best use.

"What do you want to eat?" Eros asked her, slightly massaging her shoulders

"Anything but meat. Meat makes me want to puke" Kitty relaxed her shoulders leaning against the chair.

"Hmm, Cora's male said she'd come by - I believe he also mentioned she was bringing a female with her"

"I see" Kitty hummed "where's Alice and my babies?"

"Out with the tiger. Probably swimming"

"I want to swim too"

"No" Eros denied "not after what happened last time" he frowned

After a long day of working in the vegetable garden, Kitty had decided to take a well-deserved dip in the nearby river. She was now in her fourth month of pregnancy, and the larger belly had caused her balance to shift slightly as she walked to the water. She felt a touch of nausea as she climbed down to the river bank, but took a deep breath and shook it off. As she waded into the water, she felt the current tug at her legs and knew she had to fight against it more than usual. As the current got stronger, she grew tired and knew she couldn't keep fighting it on her own. Luckily, Eros was nearby and realized what was happening. He quickly rushed to her side and pulled her out of the river, helping her to safely reach the shore. Kitty was exhausted and out of breath due to the extra exertion and she felt her heart pounding in her chest, but she was thankful to be out of the river. Eros helped her to dry off and then gave her a comforting hug.

"I know" Kitty sighed. She herself didn't want to experience anything as such again.

After sometime, Alice - all dripping water on the floor alongside four wet snakes rushed into the house, running for towels and behind them came an equally wet Winston.