046

Kitty was mad. And, Winston agreed with her.

Winston had told Eros multiple times to not let his tongue loose in front of Kitty but, still he had to talk down Shuu in front of her.

Winston wouldn't say he was innocent either. He did take out his anger on Shuu.

And Winston wouldn't say Eros was  wrong either.

Being weak and staying weak were different. Eros didn't like Shuu because the wolf wasn't even trying to get stronger.

Alpin tried to remain neutral for the whole issue but, Winston could see that Alpin agreed with Shuu.

Winston couldn't say he didn't feel the same when he saw the wolf wanting nothing but to leave their family. It irked him that he wasn't at all grateful but he understood where Shuu came from. No body liked to have their life bonded.

But, Winston did notice the change in his behaviour. He didn't know if Eros didn't notice or refused to notice the loving glances shuu stole whenever Kitty was around.

That was all that mattered to Winston, and if Kitty was fine with him - so was he.

"What are you doing?" Winston turned to Kitty who was trying to do a headstand

"I saw people doing this in reality shows"

"I don't know what that is, but you'll hurt yourself" Winston grabbed hold of her legs

"Nope, drop my legs. I think I'll puke" Kitty said nauseated

Winston promptly picked Kitty up, patting her back as he took her out of the house. He walked around a bit under the soft sunrays with a faint of a smile on his face when he felt Kitty's body going heavy, her eyes drooping down until her breath slowed down and he was sure she was sleeping.

She had a lot of trouble falling asleep these days, she'd turn sides, lay on her back and would ultimately ask Eros to coil his tail under her belly before she'd sleep for sometime and then run out again because her bladder would refuse to cooperate more.

He tried not to move, afraid that any sudden movement might wake her. But something made him sense that Katherine wasn't completely asleep - he could feel her nestling closer to his chest and an undeniable sense of happiness. He stayed like that for a while, letting himself get lost in the moment.

"Is she asleep?" Eros leaned on the tree near them

"Almost" Winston hummed "when are we leaving?"

"In a few days. Alpin wanted to gather all the herbs he could. Morning sickness hadn't happened to her yet but travelling could trigger that"

"Motion sickness, fatigue, dehydration, and changes in diet can all be sources of nausea and vomiting while travelling." Alpin added as he walked through the gates "we also need to prepare snacks that will not be hard on her stomach and take frequent breaks"

Winston nodded "there were a few males who wanted to come along. With the beast city being destroyed, they believe they'd find mates elsewhere"

"Harvey wanted to come along as well" Alpin said

"Where exactly are we going?" Eros asked

"The tiger village. I've been there once" Winston said, sitting down on the ground to make himself more comfortable. He signed Eros to go get a blanket from inside and also call Shuu.

Eros didn't want to, but he will.

Coming back with a blanket in his head and the wolf male following behind him, Winston motioned for the other three to sit down with him. He didn't ask the snakes or Alice to move inside when they sat near him and Alpin, they needed to hear the discussion. They might have been cubs but they needed to know how families worked.

This might be the best example

"We four need to have a serious discussion" Winston said with no expression at all. These were the moments were Eros and Alpin, even Though they were stronger, were genuinely terrified of Winston.

No body had discussed the hierarchy in the house because both Alpin and Eros considered Winston as the head. Eros had to leave for atleast five months every year and Alpin had to regularly leave for check ups, it was always Winston who stayed home the most and this he knew the home dynamic more than the other two

"And you five" he addressed the children "observe and conclude"

He them turned his attention towards Shuu who felt sweat beads on his forehead "Do you like Kitty?"

The snakes choked on their spit

"I-i" Shuu fumbled with his words

Like what was he supposed to say? It was one by four. If they decided to challenge him, he'll be dying

"Oh, just spit it out" Eros groaned

"Eros" Winston warned, shaking his head

Eros rolled his eyes

"I do" Shuu decided to say the truth. What if they dueled him for saying he didn't like kitty? Males were sometimes mad for their female. If he was going to die either way, he would just say the truth

"I see" Winston nodded "how long?"

"Before winters I believe"

"That's a long time" Alpin said "Do you want to pursue her?"

"She won't take me" Shuu said dejected, his ears drooping

"I didn't ask if she'd take you. I asked if you wish to pursue her"

Shuu's ears perked up again as he replied with his cheeks tinted pink "I do"

"Then you would have no problem training" Eros spoke up "you're weak"

Winston couldn't disagree. He was looking for ways to tell that to the male without making him feel bad, but he didn't come up with any. Eros' words might stung but he was right

"Why didn't you train when I asked you to" Eros asked

"I wanted to die then" Shuu replied solemnly "I've heard stories..... about this life bond. It was never good. I thought I would be treated the same. I didn't think it would matter if I got stronger since, I'd have to give my life protecting a female I like anyway"

"Then. Would you train now? Get stronger so that you can protect Kitty without getting killed?"

"I will"

Eros smiled but swiftly turned away. He had a cold image to maintain.

CORA

Even if you've already seen her

Even if you've already seen her. I'll still post her pic