035

" how old are you Alice? " Kitty softly asked the girl leading her towards the bathroom

"I'll be seven winters this winter "

"Seven?" Kitty repeated shocked " you are younger than I thought"

"Do you want to take a bath with me? " Kitty asked and the girl nodded furiously

Kitty chuckled at the girl's antics and poured in some hot water inside the tub, filling the rest with cold water adjusting the temperature.

She poured a little bit of the grass solution she had Shuu make and placed Alice inside the tub.

"what is this? It smells so good" she sniffed the air

"I like to call this grass 'Jasder' because it smells like Jasmine and Lavender. I'll clean your hair and body with it" Kitty poured some water on Alice's head

" look at those - they are like water bubbles " Alice giggled poking the little bubbles with her finger

As Alice enjoyed the bath, Kitty began to cleanse her hair and body. She poured the solution onto Alice's hair and began to gently scrub her scalp. She gently massaged Alice's arms and legs, making sure to pay extra attention to the sore spots that she knew were bothering the girl. As Alice felt the comfort and relief from the bath and the massage, she let out a sigh of pleasure.

And before Alice knew it, she was already dosing off while being bathed

" Winston, could you bring me some towels"  Kitty chuckled, picking Alice up in her arms

Winston came rushing in the bathroom with a few towels and wrapped the little girl taking her in his arms. He turned to Kitty who was now soaking wet and glared at her

" I know you're doing this out of best interest but please, take care of yourself first. The winter season is almost here and it'll be really hard if you catch a cold now. " He placed a towel over Kitty's head " Freshen up, we'll take care of her" He patted the sleeping child

Kitty nodded smiling. She took a small bath herself, quickly wore the first thing she found and hurried out towards the hall where Alpin was checking on Alice and Shuu placed a blanket on top of her. Alice who was still in Winston's arms snuggled closer to him placing her tiny arms on his face.

"Where are the snakes? "

" Eros took them out. Nehebakau wouldn't stop crying" Alpin replied, making Alice swallow some medicine " she's really frail. I wonder what they fed her, if she's a sheep female, meat wouldn't really agree with her body "

" but isn't she living here? This village is filled with Leopard beasts, it's possible her mother is a Leopard " Shuu asked

" she'd still need more vegetables than meat. Did you say her father is dead? " Winston looked upto Kitty who nodded "then they wouldn't be feeding her enough vegetables, meat is the main food that would come at her house "

" why have kids when you can't even take care of one " Kitty frowned sitting down next to Winston and patted the girl "I swear if that woman comes to take her daughter back, I'll be shooting her eyes out and then hang them on a tree for everyone to see "

Shuu did agree with the female, but he was rather scared by how creative her imagination was. It was also really weird seeing a female take in someone else's cub, it was adorable ofcourse but Shuu was more worried about the consequences. The female's mother could call in the elders and accuse Kitty of stealing her female cub. Kitty's title would hardly save her if the cub showed any signs of discomfort when in Kitty's arms.

"I'm keeping her "

"No" both Shuu and Winston said at the same time.

" We talked about this, you will not keep her. Not unless she stays here by her own will " Winston sighed

" It's hilarious that you think she'd want to go back " Kitty argued

" you can't be sure. Cubs often run away when they feel wronged but they go back to their mothers" Shuu said

" let's stop talking for now " Alpin said pointing at the sleeping figure fidgeting in Winston's arms

•••••

Alice looked down at her new clothes with delight and joy. She could not believe her luck! The clothes were so pretty and soft, and they fit her perfectly. She felt so beautiful and special, and her feet no longer ached from walking barefoot. She wanted to do a little dance of joy, but she refrained herself because she did not want to damage the beautiful new clothes.

"Alice come! We're having dinner "

"Coming" She said

Alice dashed towards the front porch where a deer was being roasted and the table had been set on the ground with a number of pillows on the ground for them to sit.

She gave a little twirl for the others and sat down the only pillow that wasn't occupied

There was a look of sheer delight on her face as she stared at the various fruits and vegetables on her plate. Her soft, grey hair rested gently on her shoulders, and her orange eyes shone with excitement. Her naturally tanned skin glowed in the night as the flaming red fire reflected on her.

" This is so good.....mmh....what is that? Whatever it is it's good. Oh! What is this Litt thing? I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. " she picked up a carrot slice and examined it on the air.

The snakes who had just devoured their meal were staring at the girl with the softest eyes.

She was absolutely adorable

" I heard she's 7 " Serpens said

"well that's only five years. Good for us" The four hi - fived with their tails