⚠️Leaving⚠️

A/N: Pip x Reader

Summary: Pip and Y/n had managed to cover up a murder yet Pip feels like something has to be done.

⚠️TW⚠️: Slight Mention of Rape, Sad, Spoilers for As Good As Dead

here we go

________________________________________________________________________________

Pip's POV:

Me and Y/n are on a walk after we did everything and Max has finally been arrested. I'm glad that he is finally behind bars and will get what he deserves, the fucking prick. But...

"I'm just so glad we can all move on from this." Y/n expresses to me, glancing over at me. "I definitely need a break from all this investigation, I mean, what? 3 cases in 1 year? We're too good." She continues onto say, a wide smile tugging on her lips as she glances over at me. "And that's not even including the amount of unsolved crimes we've solved for the police, we're, like, hero's."

"Y/n." I begin, noticing her look over at me with her beautiful eyes and her amazing smile.

How can she look at me like this while not 10 hours ago, we were hiding a body and framing a rapist for murder?

"What? What's wrong?" She asks me, slowly stopping in her tracks as her eyes move between mines. "Did we forget something?" She whispers to me, her eyes widening in panic.

"N—No. No, we didn't." I deny, shaking my head lightly and look at the ground. I feel her hand interlock with mines, I lift my head to meet her eyes, feeling my heartbreak at what I'm about to tell her.

"Then what is it? What's going on in your amazing mind, Sarge?" She asks me, smiling down at me as her eyes glance between mines.

"I... I don't think we should be in contact anymore." I confess to her, noticing her face completely drop.

"W—What?"

"Max is going to have a trial and if it happens again where he manages to get away with it with that ridiculous lawyer of his, then the next person on the suspect list is me and you." I explain to her, seeing her slowly nod her head.

"Okay, and? We can figure it out together—?"

"—Y/n—"

"—No. No, do not..." She shakes her head and holds my hands, before letting go and resting her hands on my cheeks, resting her forehead against mines. "Don't give up on us, we're Y/n and Pip. We're a team. We face things together—"

"—I know, I know we're a team. But Y/n, you don't understand—"

"—I understand it perfectly fine, Pip." Y/n snaps at me, moving away from me. "I don't need you to explain it, just... just don't leave me, please—!"

"—Y/n, it'll be what's best! It'll help us in the future—!"

"—I promised you!" She exclaims angrily, "I promised you and your whole family that I'd take care of you! That I'd be there for you through your highs and lows! What more can I do to prove that I love you!" She exclaims, looking at me, tears welling up in her eyes.

"What?" I let out, hearing my voice break.

"Jesus, Pip, you know I love you. I love you so much, so so much that I did everything for you! I knew that after you explaining that 'a Jiffy' was a measurement of time as an introduction, I knew that I'd like you!" She confesses to me, letting any and every tear fall. "So please..." Her voice softens, shaking her head as she steps closer to me. "Please don't go."

"It's for the best, Y/n."

"Don't say that. Say it back—"

"—We need to do this—"